Is The Comics Medium Going To Survive?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's hard to justify buying single issues physically when I have an 8 inch tablet to view them on digitally.

Even harder when pirating those issues is so simple, a child could do it.

I'll always cop a thick trade or an omnibus though

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I got into comics as a kid in the mid 90s when them hoes were at grocery stores selling for like $1.50

The idea that these hoes now cost 3.99 to 4.99 a pop with what feels like less content (far less words) and half-assed artwork for the majority of the books... that just sounds like a raw deal. At this point it's better to just wait for the TPB.

But then the issue is that it is just like the music industry where you can pirate/access things so easily without even having to download, so it goes from "should I wait a year for the cheaper TPB for a book I have lukewarm interest in... or do I just read that hoe for free anytime, anywhere, and KIM?"

And then, like a lot of Black Panther fans will tell you, they could dead the Black Panther comic and replace it with the movie interpretation of T'Challa n friends and 95% of us would celebrate. I find the MCU versions of these superheroes more enjoyable than the comics. And that's on Marvel's shytty writers and writing over the years.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
Read this article yesterday:

Will Disney Stop Publishing Marvel Comic Books? | The Kingdom Insider

I'm sad to say that I actually work in the comics industry, and I don't even buy individual issues anymore. :snoop:

It's crazy to me that we live in an era where superhero films are making BILLIONS worldwide and breaking box office records, but the medium they come from (comics) is barely scraping by.

Will the comics medium survive?

What's the best way to leverage the success of superhero/comic book-based films to increase comic sales?

Who's to blame for sagging comic sales? Is it the publishers or the fans?

Discuss. I'm really interested to hear your responses. :bpthink:
You work in the comics what do you do??? I'm actually getting ready to put something together to break in

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I haven't collected in decades but I was in Midtown comics a few months ago and was just overwhelmed by the amount of choices. I mean I like variety and everything but it does seem unsustainable to have that many titles.
Maybe they need to stream line the amount of offerings.
I've said on here before I've never read a comic in my life, but everything I've always loved has been based on comics.

I've gone into comic book shops and I just get overwhelmed with the amount of options.

Even though I know the names of some of the bigger stories and they have em in those collection books or w/e they call I just end up leaving every time

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If they can start digitizing them completely and it catches on it might be a wrap but IDK...:jbhmm: There's something about holding graphic novels in your hands that doesnt change the feelings... it feels like a classic when you holding these big ass books reading them. I'm surprised marvel didnt start digitizing their comics the minute computers was created they could have opened up a new market. A subscription service with comic titles each month for download on your phone or tablet... I know they got marvel comics online now but they was kinda late getting into the game.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
i'll take that as no lol i'll pm you some stuff though see what you think cool?

I think you mean, do I know any pencilers. :beli:

Asking me if I know any artists is kinda:what: because an inker IS an artist. I knew what you meant, but the distinction is important.

And yes, I know several pencilers.

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I think you mean, do I know any pencilers. :beli:

Asking me if I know any artists is kinda:what: because an inker IS an artist. I knew what you meant, but the distinction is important.

And yes, I know several pencilers.
yes sorry for the mixup there but are your pm's open??