Is Supreme Kai/Shin the most useless Dragonball character ever?

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I have to admit this is facts. Buu saga was really just Toriyama going back to his comedy roots. People forget this dude was writing shyt like Dr. Slump before he did dragon ball. I think he wanted to end the series by fusing the roots of dragon ball(comedy) with the thing that got him really paid(action+high stakes drama). Some people found it jarring to go from cell and the androids to a villain that literally looks like chewing gum and turns people into candy to eat them.

Supreme Kai really just felt like a plot device to describe the threat of Buu and to power up Gohan and introduce Vegito who ended up being a very likeable character. I remember getting hyped AF when he came back in super.
Toriyama was burned out and just throwing shyt at the wall, and his editor at the time was the most lenient one he had so there was less supervision and shyt flew off the rails.

The art in the anime was at its best in the Buu saga but in the manga outside of cover page illustrations the Buu saga art was ROUGH :picard:. That's how you really knew dude was running on fumes

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah, but in Super we find out the Supreme Kais are connected to the Gods Of Destruction. If Shin dies, so does Beerus. That alone makes him somewhat valuable/useful :manny:

That doesn't make him useful, it just makes him a liability :skip:

All it means is that if someone isn't strong enough to beat Beerus, they can just kill Supreme Kai instead (ask Goku Black).