Is Steven Seagal the biggest star to die in the beginning of a movie?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Everyone knew Drew Barrymore. She has been leading lady status since she was in ET at age 6. She was in Batman Forever the year before Scream.

I'm not saying that Cranston dying in Godzilla early wasn't a shock, but that movie wasn't marketed showing him as the star - Godzilla was the star. Scream was marketed as Drew being the star. If Godzilla died within the first 10 minutes of the Godzilla movie, then yeah, that would be a comparable shock, Cranston dying 30 - 45 minutes in doesn't register on the same level for me.
I get what ur saying but :comeon: especially at the bolded.. she started getting her big push to me with wedding singer, never been kissed, ever after and then charlies angels. All the way until 50 first dates or so

But i get what ur saying. I was only 11 at the time so i cant speak on marketing for the movie..saw it a million times on VHS

sad part is barrymore was a way better actor as a child than she is/was as an adult :heh:

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I get what ur saying but :comeon: especially at the bolded.. she started getting her big push to me with wedding singer, never been kissed, ever after and then charlies angels. All the way until 50 first dates or so

But i get what ur saying. I was only 11 at the time so i cant speak on marketing for the movie..saw it a million times on VHS

sad part is barrymore was a way better actor as a child than she is/was as an adult :heh:

That's fair. I'm older so my perspective is different. Drew was in the process of making her big comeback as a kinda hot actress (she had 1.5 years in the 90s where she looked good) that everyone remembered for being in ET, drug rehab and Batman, so it was a complete shock when she got it in Scream right away. No one even knew what that movie was supposed to be about at the time except it was a horror flick that starred Drew Barrymore.

We absolutely agree she was a bad actress as an adult though. Just awful.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
yall nikkas are just throwing out random people that died early in movies. most of those were just cameos to begin with. the public was never lead to believe they were central figures in the films.

drew barrymore received TOP BILLING in scream. she was the face on the posters. all the trailers were built around her scene. the movie was completely marketed around the fact that she was the star of the movie. then you go see the movie and shes dead before i even open up my jujubes.

steven seagel received #2 billing in executive decision. and i believe he had like less than 3 minutes total screen time.

those 2 are on a whole nother level than some of these random people in other movies...that you didnt even know was in the movie til they showed up on screen. imagine going to see The Interview...and the korean bytch kills Seth Rogen when they first meet up on that mountain like 15 min into the movie. then the next 2 hours just has james franco and lizzie caplan n randall park n shyt. thats what it was like seeing drew and segal die in scream and executive decision.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal

we're the same age. but i still knew how big drew barrymore was. and people a few years older than us knew so even more. she wasnt as big of a movie star, but her name was consistently in the tabloids n shyt. she's like a more successful, 90s version of lindsay lohan (with the drugs, alcohol, dating other famous people, partying n shyt). i cant even name 3 lohan movies but her name still has huge appeal. plus drew has a very famous father who was also an actor.

i will say tho scream was like the start of a good lil run for drew. i would actually say the run started with "boys on the side" which came out a year before, but after that she cleaned up and started starring in a lot of successful movies.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:deadmanny: i forgot i eve saw this movie, BUT the whole shyt was fukking ridiculous :russ:
When I first saw this movie it had me dying.

Terry: bye Sheila I had a great time

Alan: bye Terry

Terry: shut up Alan, bye Sheila

And before that had the audacity to start trying to kiss her neck :russ:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
we're the same age. but i still knew how big drew barrymore was. and people a few years older than us knew so even more. she wasnt as big of a movie star, but her name was consistently in the tabloids n shyt. she's like a more successful, 90s version of lindsay lohan (with the drugs, alcohol, dating other famous people, partying n shyt). i cant even name 3 lohan movies but her name still has huge appeal. plus drew has a very famous father who was also an actor.

i will say tho scream was like the start of a good lil run for drew. i would actually say the run started with "boys on the side" which came out a year before, but after that she cleaned up and started starring in a lot of successful movies.
You can't name 3 Lohan movies? I'm 31 and I can name 3 off the top of my head no Google.
Mean Girls
Freaky Friday
The Parent Trap