Is Sonos surround sound worth it?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
My point was if someone isn't interested in a wired surround setup, then buy the best sounding $300 soundbar out there. If you are spending $1500, go all out and do it right.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My house is all Sonos'd up. I have 2 Sonos Playbar's with Play 5's and Play one's as surround. I have a Playbase with Play 3's as surrounds with the Sonos Bass speaker. They are expensive but it is cheaper than wiring a stereo system. You can also build it over time so it's not a one time big purchase.

It's pretty cool showing off shooting music from your phone all through the house. We did family Christmas here and we had Christmas music playing and everything that morning it was a nice touch.

It is janky sometimes, but it works for me. You have to configure the tv remotes rto be user friendly for everybody. I hated how they upgraded to new app where some speakers (Play 5's) weren't compatible. So I have to use two apps, but I can mostly just play to it right out of the Spotify app.

Being able to literally have music follow you across the entire house is actually an amusing low-key flex when you're showing it off to people who haven't seen it before. :pachaha:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have 2 Sonos Arc soundbars. In my bedroom I also have a Sonos sub mini and two Sonos Ones. I love them. Expensive but it works for me. I’m looking to get a regular Sonos sub and two Ones for the living room at some point.