Why are they so expensive?

Is it cuz it’s really high quality?

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
my brother in law has a built in sonos set up in his basement. It really does sound good.
Going with this.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As long as your network is solid so you don’t drop Wi-Fi it’s great. Got a playbar, sub, and two ones on the nightstands for a 5.1 surround set in the bedroom.

:ohlawd:

I also got a wired 5.1 setup in my office/game room, and there’s no difference in sound quality. Just takes more effort to setup, and you have to organize/hide your wires if you not a barbarian.

If you can afford it, Sonos is nice, but a wired setup will take your money further

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
I’ve never had a wired setup to compare it to, but my 5.1 SONOS set up is :banderas: . The sub has my house shaking and I don’t even turn the volume up past 40%. If feels like a movie theater at home.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Going with this.

I was just looking at that during the holidays, was $1300, now it's damn near $1600:beli: I may just fukk around and buy em.

I would say anything is better than basic tv speaker tbh. Never had sonos before tho so can’t speak to their quality but just a sound bar and sub will be better than stock tv frfr.

It took me some time to realize this. I definitely need a sound bar and sub bad, tv speakers are terrible. $1600 TV with $30 speakers:scust:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Sonos makes lifestyle products. They design products that appeal to aesthetics and form factor more than audio fidelity. If a traditional wired 5.1 system is simply out of the question for you, then go for something like a Sonos, but the sonic differences between a traditional system and a lifestyle system are undeniable. As someone who spent 15 years selling some of the most expensive home audio equipment, even I am not opposed to someone spending $300 on a soundbar. But when it reaches the $1500 and they start throwing around terms like "Surround sound", I just roll my eyes.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sonos is pretty good. I enjoy their products, and happily recommend them in the right situations.

But for home theater, for what you're spending, you could likely get yourself a better basic home theater setup going the traditional route, unless space is an issue. The problem is that they give you absolutely no breaks on price for bundling. Everything is priced the same as buying the individual components. Someone could do the math, but for the near $2100 the home theater set goes for, you could probably put together a halfway decent basic system, AND buy a Sonos port to link up your home theater to other Sonos gear you might have or buy later.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Going with this.

It is, I got Sonos all throughout the crib and it syncs effortlessly with high quality sound.

Their playlists are toptier too

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I looked at Sonos but opted for BOSE set up but it was much cheaper and similar quality.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Why are they so expensive?

Is it cuz it’s really high quality?
My house is all Sonos'd up. I have 2 Sonos Playbar's with Play 5's and Play one's as surround. I have a Playbase with Play 3's as surrounds with the Sonos Bass speaker. They are expensive but it is cheaper than wiring a stereo system. You can also build it over time so it's not a one time big purchase.

It's pretty cool showing off shooting music from your phone all through the house. We did family Christmas here and we had Christmas music playing and everything that morning it was a nice touch.

It is janky sometimes, but it works for me. You have to configure the tv remotes rto be user friendly for everybody. I hated how they upgraded to new app where some speakers (Play 5's) weren't compatible. So I have to use two apps, but I can mostly just play to it right out of the Spotify app.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I was just looking at that during the holidays, was $1300, now it's damn near $1600:beli: I may just fukk around and buy em.

It took me some time to realize this. I definitely need a sound bar and sub bad, tv speakers are terrible. $1600 TV with $30 speakers:scust:

Fam thats downright criminal.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sonos makes lifestyle products. They design products that appeal to aesthetics and form factor more than audio fidelity. If a traditional wired 5.1 system is simply out of the question for you, then go for something like a Sonos, but the sonic differences between a traditional system and a lifestyle system are undeniable. As someone who spent 15 years selling some of the most expensive home audio equipment, even I am not opposed to someone spending $300 on a soundbar. But when it reaches the $1500 and they start throwing around terms like "Surround sound", I just roll my eyes.
Thats what im saying too and tbh if you have the space just get a wired setup