Is Sheamus low key one of the best upper midcard wrestlers of all time?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I feel like the Brawling Brutes era is his best incarnation. Especially with the outfits and presentation of the 3

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Sheamus is the guy whose look and music were god awful when he first started, and gradually got to his current form, which is money. Always had a good body :dame: Ring wise: great worker with great intensity, can play up and down the lineup with ease. Never enjoyed watching him more than now, so he doing something right.
:whoa:

Written in my Face worked. Not generic. Everyone knew it was him.

and to add to @Ed MOTHERfukkING G's pros:

when he was champ, it wasn't as if people tuned out. Some guys get the belt and it causes the ratings to drop. Back when that still mattered, fans still tuned in. Back when we saw what the ratings were by the segment, he kept people's attention and he wasn't the best talker, wasn't in the most salacious storylines. He kept it wrestling.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll put the ceiling of upper midcard at Rick Rude, or Lex Luger... Guys who can flirt with the main and be very credible vs main, and have a cup of coffee in the main or as champ, but were never booked as the top guy. My case:
  • He has had title runs but never really held the title like a main guy, BUT, is a credible beat when building a champ contender...this is maybe the most important job of upper mid
  • He does not bring any card down
  • He is the picture consistency
  • Has a unique look and persona
  • Has a GOAT moveset that is straight up power moves and finisher type shyt
  • He never mails it in or bullshyts, no matter where he is on the card
Case against
  • It's Sheamus, and WWE pushed him like crazy and he had to settle in the mid card
  • His best runs are in tags
  • He killed some good runs like Daniel Bryan and had never ending fueds with Cena and trips
Is Sheamus in the Rick rude / Goto / ohio state / Mr. Perfect tier of upper midcarders?

29c.gif

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I think there was definitely a period where Sheamus was :unimpressed:status. I guess somewhere along the way something clicked and he never looked back. Somewhere after he got back from having that career threatening back injury. I remember they said he was damn near ready to retire, since he's been back, for the last few years, (this is after The Bar) he's been great. And he's very much capable of being either a serious heel or a comedic heel when the moment calls for it. He's in a perfect position (pause) right now.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I never give him the world title in my universes, and if he ever did he’d be a transitional champ

taker597

Superstar
Daps
He had one organic champion run, but it's really hard for him to get another without reinventing him again.