Is saying BRUH African American slang?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nah piles didn't coin shyt, I grew up in Tampa Florida and we been saying bih, bruh, breh, bress, and bruh bruh for the longest, before plies started saying it on track. He's from ft Meyers but claimed Tampa, went to college in tampa, and stayed with tampa brehs. I remember when I first moved to Miami, I used to say bruh, breh or bih at the end of each sentence and cats used to look at me like wtf lolll

With social media around, no slang is regional now a days. Crazy when I hear ppl from up north say bruh lol.

But it is a AA southern slang.

Miss sarcasm Breh's

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Nah piles didn't coin shyt, I grew up in Tampa Florida and we been saying bih, bruh, breh, bress, and bruh bruh for the longest, before plies started saying it on track. He's from ft Meyers but claimed Tampa, went to college in tampa, and stayed with tampa brehs. I remember when I first moved to Miami, I used to say bruh, breh or bih at the end of each sentence and cats used to look at me like wtf lolll

With social media around, no slang is regional now a days. Crazy when I hear ppl from up north say bruh lol.

But it is a AA southern slang.
This post is a bit of a stretch but not entirely untrue. I'm referring to the Miami part

Daps
This post is a bit of a stretch but not entirely untrue. I'm referring to the Miami part

I moved to Miami in 2009 but used to visit frequently before that. I swear when I used to say bih at the end of my sentence ppl used to ask me wtf that mean. Bruh was catching along but I never heard nobody said breh.

My homies from here always used to say buddy, foolie, fool, brudda and my Cuban homies always say bro

I make not be 100 percent right but I know for a fact ppl knew I wasn't from here by the way I used to talk.

Last edited:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
I moved to Miami in 2009 but used to visit frequently before that. I swear when I used to say bih at the end of my sentence ppl used to ask me wtf that mean. Bruh was catching along but I never heard nobody said breh.

My homies from here always used to say buddy, foolie, fool, brudda.

I make not be 100 percent right but I know for a fact ppl knew I wasn't from here by the way I used to talk.
Bih is 100% not a Miami thing so youre right about that. But we were already using breh and bruh. I still call cats "buddyrow" when I'm feeling geechy

Daps
Bih is 100% not a Miami thing so youre right about that. But we were already using breh and bruh. I still call cats "buddyrow" when I'm feeling geechy

lol word, idk then breh maybe because the ppl I knew was ol heads.... now when I go back to Tampa to visit I stay using Miami slangs now.

Miami>

:blessed: