Is Rick Ross’ lyrical peak comparable to or even BETTER than Prodigy’s peak?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You notice how these Ross threads are always, at most, nikkas posting YouTube videos? Let this have been a thread comparing Prodigy with an MC who'll actually leave a legacy behind once they're done and there would be lines and verses galore. It's okay to like a nikkas music without disrespecting legends. Ross has dropped a lot of material that sounds good. There's a reason no actual lines were posted: he doesn't say anything when you actually read his lyrics. He flows nice over lush beats. He's a fat Curren$y. Ross isn't seeing prime T.I lyrically. He's not seeing prime Luda lyrically. He's not seeing prime Lil Wayne lyrically. Ross probably isn't quite seeing prime Game lyrically if we're being honest. You see what I did there: I compared him to his contemporaries. The nikkas he came in the game with who were popping while he was. Not silly shyt like comparing him to dudes who made the genre what it is now. If you erase Ross's existence from hip hop history, the genre doesn't skip a beat. Tell me what happens if you erase Prodigy from hip hop history. So no, "trajectories" can't be compared either.

10:31

Superstar
Daps
You notice how these Ross threads are always, at most, nikkas posting YouTube videos? Let this have been a thread comparing Prodigy with an MC who'll actually leave a legacy behind once they're done and there would be lines and verses galore. It's okay to like a nikkas music without disrespecting legends. Ross has dropped a lot of material that sounds good. There's a reason no actual lines were posted: he doesn't say anything when you actually read his lyrics. He flows nice over lush beats. He's a fat Curren$y. Ross isn't seeing prime T.I lyrically. He's not seeing prime Luda lyrically. He's not seeing prime Lil Wayne lyrically. Ross probably isn't quite seeing prime Game lyrically if we're being honest. You see what I did there: I compared him to his contemporaries. The nikkas he came in the game with who were popping while he was. Not silly shyt like comparing him to dudes who made the genre what it is now. If you erase Ross's existence from hip hop history, the genre doesn't skip a beat. Tell me what happens if you erase Prodigy from hip hop history. So no, "trajectories" can't be compared either.

Bro,

I actually posted a song ...

I can post a lot jawns where Ross brought the toolbox out lyrically but it doesn’t compare to prime P.

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Ross fan but this shyt is just fukking dumb. Had to put threadstarter on blast:

You ever thought about how insanely dumb some fans are?

Bro

nikkas on the coli think he’s the goat and top 5

I love Ross... got countless Ross threads but he’s not better than Ye, Lupe, or Game. Ross is class of 05/06..

Here’s how I’ve got them scored from 05/06 to present;

1. Kanye
2. Game
3. Lupe
4. Rick Ro$$
5. Young Jeezy

You got to at least be at the top of your class

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Bro,

I actually posted a song ...

I can post a lot jawns where Ross brought the toolbox out lyrically but it doesn’t compare to prime P.
You posted the name of a song. That's the same as posting a Youtube link. The only actual lyrics posted in the thread are from the first page and they were Prodigy lyrics. What are Ross' quotables? Where are these verses you're gonna point someone to ,who has never heard dude's music, as an example of why he should be held in high esteem among the best to do it? What are these undeniable, generation defining bars? I like a lot of Ross' music between a two to three year musical peak he had between Trilla and Teflon Don. But at no point was this dude lyrically killing shyt to warrant threads like this. I get the issue with the term "lyrical" when we're talking about artists like Pac or Kendrick who aren't necessarily barring you to death but are moreso poetic (or also technical like Kendrick) but no such issues exist for Ross. He has a great flow. He paints nice visuals. He does it over amazing production. He's not barring you to death and he's certainly not poetic.

Superstar
Daps
You posted the name of a song. That's the same as posting a Youtube link. The only actual lyrics posted in the thread are from the first page and they were Prodigy lyrics. What are Ross' quotables? Where are these verses you're gonna point someone to ,who has never heard dude's music, as an example of why he should be held in high esteem among the best to do it? What are these undeniable, generation defining bars? I like a lot of Ross' music between a two to three year musical peak he had between Trilla and Teflon Don. But at no point was this dude lyrically killing shyt to warrant threads like this. I get the issue with the term "lyrical" when we're talking about artists like Pac or Kendrick who aren't necessarily barring you to death but are moreso poetic (or also technical like Kendrick) but no such issues exist for Ross. He has a great flow. He paints nice visuals. He does it over amazing production. He's not barring you to death and he's certainly not poetic.

Breh..

There was no need to because I stated my verdict... Prime P >>

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ever since TMZ said Ross almost died he's been rated better than Biggie and Prodigy in like 2 weeks :mjlol: