Is Rick Ross’ lyrical peak comparable to or even BETTER than Prodigy’s peak?

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
i dont think you can compare the two tbh

prodigy kind of came out the gate a hot spitter , i think its safe to say he peaked and declined after 2000

while ross was ok when he came in the game but got better , some say he peaked around 2010 but still remains consistent today

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
This isn't even close breh & i like some of Ross shyt...I'm just gonna let Prophet P handle this 1 himself :ahh:

Segregate those fake poems
Separate the bullshyt from the authentic
Vintage rhyme division got the globe listening
My rap scroll belittled your goals and visions

C2IWBc.gif

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
While Mobb Deep made significantly better music/albums, but lyrical peak wise Ross got some serious peaks, people are nostalgic.
You probably can't find a thread of me giving mad props to Ross but I can admit that his peaks are up there, but yeah I'd still pick peak Prodigy. Not an outrageous question though.

Small stories and all that top notch

Last edited:

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
i dont think you can compare the two tbh

prodigy kind of came out the gate a hot spitter , i think its safe to say he peaked and declined after 2000

while ross was ok when he came in the game but got better , some say he peaked around 2010 but still remains consistent today

Appreciate the objectivity tho... :salute:

Good observations ... P did come out the gate as more lyrical but he upped it...

Ross seemed to be more of a novelty, and rapped just competently enough to get by... got progressively better and then hit a peak ... I don’t think his decline will be as drastic .

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
While Mobb Deep made better music/albums, but lyrical peak wise Ross got some serious peaks, people are nostalgic.
You probably can't find a thread of me giving mad props to Ross but I can admit that his peaks are up there.

Tellin you man... Ross just went in his bag and started painting pictures for niccas... :wow:

The storytelling is such an example of how he leveled up ...

P’s storytelling during his peak was one part of his aresenal that he didn’t utilize as much and remained somewhat flat. He fused short vignettes at times within an overarching theme...

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
While Mobb Deep made significantly better music/albums, but lyrical peak wise Ross got some serious peaks, people are nostalgic.
You probably can't find a thread of me giving mad props to Ross but I can admit that his peaks are up there, but yeah I'd still peak Prodigy. Not an outrageous question though.

didn't click any of that. These threads are always the same. Trying to get us to listen to music no one cares about :mjlol:

It's funny how much the pathetic behavior of stans reflect the pathetic behavior of the rapper. Ross is a corny clout-chaser who deep down knows he's wack and swaggerless but believes he can be great by association. His stans deep down know his music aint shyt but believe he can be great by forcing his name in comparison to other legends. :obama:

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Just think before making threads like this breh....:mjlol:

Prodigy was top 5 when rap was considered at his highest peak....His name was thrown in there with the likes Nas, Biggie, Pac, Redman & GZA etc

Now if you take Ross at his lyrical peak as you say.....do you think he'll be mentioned with them? in that era?

nikka wouldn't be top 20 son.

That why nikkas are saying this isn't even comparable, it's like comparing college basketball stats to NBA stats :ufdup:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
Appreciate the objectivity tho... :salute:

Good observations ... P did come out the gate as more lyrical but he upped it...

Ross seemed to be more of a novelty, and rapped just competently enough to get by... got progressively better and then hit a peak ... I don’t think his decline will be as drastic .

yeah P def upped his game but many people say he fell off around the infamy album or that his style changed and became more mellow

i've never been a rozay fam tbh but i can appreciate some of his more lyrical tracks where he displays his wordplay

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just think before making threads like this breh....:mjlol:

Prodigy was top 5 when rap was considered at his highest peak....His name was thrown in there with the likes Nas, Biggie, Pac, Redman & GZA etc

Now if you take Ross at his lyrical peak as you say.....do you think he'll be mentioned with them? in that era?

nikka wouldn't be top 20 son.

That why nikkas are saying this isn't even comparable, it's like comparing college basketball stats to NBA stats :ufdup:

You’re the only one misguidedly trying to place him in an earlier era ... :snoop:

Don’t be like casual sports fans trying to put today’s greats in the 90s and 2000s...

You’re doin a disservice right now. :ufdup:

Look at their respective runs during their respective eras and compare the trajectories and improvement.

Daps
Ross makes better music, has a better discography than p. As far as spitting in the traditional sense that goes to P, but it was naturally in him because of his era and location. With that being said dudes need to stop sleeping on Ross

Ima photographers dream, Countin cream as my chain swing, Mack 11 for the things that the days bring
:whew: