Is Plex a good alternative to Google Play Music?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I want to get a nas server but I’m still doing research on them.they seem difficult to set up. For now I just use my pc
Look up the Synology devices. Their interface and operating system is top notch and easy to use. Also, they have a lot of free apps that allow you to do other cloud hosting services on it.

I love mine. I don't regret the purchase at all. The only recommendation, unless you get a high grade one, find another device to host the plex server on because running plex on my Synology is slow since the processor isn't really built for transcoding as more just to maintain the drives and services on the NAS. As I said, I got a mac mini off eBay to host the plex server on and use the NAS to store the media it accesses.

I used this setup to host content for all my family members and some friends.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
yes, it integrates with the Apple Music library. So if you have DJ Clue Cluminatti tape on your pc/Mac and you add the DJ Clue Professional LP from Apple Music for streaming it shows together.

2-E65-A4-C7-B91-A-4-DAA-884-C-0-D1574-CDF78-E.png

all the killah priest lps I own/ripped myself show in the same interface. If he dropped an exclusive Apple Music lp today and I press the add button it would be mixed in with the lps I uploaded.

You just have to make sure your id tags are correct. If Apple already has Heavy Mental on the server it won’t even upload yours , it will just use theirs but still shows it as yours.
oh shyt, never knew this. is this recent?
this feature was the whole reason I had Google Play Music pretty much...

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
oh shyt, never knew this. is this recent?
this feature was the whole reason I had Google Play Music pretty much...

nah it was there for years, it was there before the service was called Apple Music. I can’t remember the name though. Maybe Apple match?

For reference it was there when I had a note 3, and I use to use it on that. I think that’s when the iPhone 6 Plus dropped.