Is Obama or RBG to blame for Supreme Court being 6-3?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Clinton would have won 2016 if she and Democrats didnt promote the hell out of Trump,while having nothing to sell themselves. Basically fear mongering,but once at the finish line basically tell everyone Hillary would win in a landslide because Trump is a joke not to be taken seriously.

Obama gave Democrats the energy to lock up the youth vote and black vote for the next 20 years. These clowns managed to fumble it in 4:mjlol:

And yeah im not counting the win in 2020 becauase Biden was a vote to spite Trump. Not bwcause Democrats really had the youth or black people motivated themselves.

But honestly,how much was the nomination of the SC really discussed back then? Thats all youve heard about the last 4 years because Republicans showed you can select corrupt justices,and basically be all powerful without having the presidency. But before there was a belief the supreme court was above all that,and at the end of the day would abide by the letter of law and do whats right for the country. So it all goes back to Dems being naive. But in this instance you cant really blame them. Republicans figured out its a cheat code and have no shame in using it. So thats really the only reason its the huge deal it is,and discussed how it is now.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
So as Roland Martin points out, and i agree, if Obama had put a Black judge as nominee instead of Garland, Clinton, even with her fukkery, would have most likely won 2016. But also, had RBG retired, the court could still be 5-4.

So who is really to blame for the Supreme Court being solidly conservative now?
Obama was sofT on pushing her dumb ass out. Both are at fault. Obama should've shamed her and humiliate her for disrespecting him

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Obama? :dahell:
Its that racist c*nt RBG fault for not stepping down
The fukk is yall fukkera tryna rewrite history by implicationg Obama when this whore didn’t want to listen to him!??!
He was sofT as fukk on pushing her out...
TRUMP wouldn't be a bytch on getting they old asses out.

Sometimes you gotta be a villain but Obama wanted to be a kitten.

Ol coward ass mulatto

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Not really, even if RGB stepped down at the very least right now instead of it being 6-3 in conservatives' favor it'd be 6-4.

This isn't criticism towards Obama or Biden (I'm a supporter of both) but I wonder why they both have been pretty hesitant to add more than two Supreme Court justices...

Republicans weren't scared to show their greediness when they elected 2-3 judges in Trump's term, arguably the most any president has appointed.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are only 9 justices so it would have been 5-4, which is welcome to what we have now, which is a conservative super majority.

RBG was 1,000% to blame. Right now Thomas and Alito are licking their chops for a Republican presidency so they can retire and trump can appoint 2 young ultra conservative justices to shape the country for another 3 generations. RBG had the opportunity to do the same but refused for her own vanity.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Didn't Obama had a successor ready to take RBG if she retired? IIRC, people mentioned it during the time and didn't get on her for it and I think her successor was suppose to be either a black man or black woman.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are both at fault

1. Obama let a Supreme Court nomination sit vacant for almost a year and didn't even attempt to push Garland through in the 11th hour with McConnell using some made up Election Year rule while pushing ACB through in record time 4 years later. Do you think Trump, Romney, or Sanders would have let that fly in 2016?
i actually read a breakdown that said that if Obama tried to push his pick through that way in 2016 after the election, it probably would have gotten shot down, and just ended in embarrassment for him. i think he should have tried, but if it wasn't 100%, i get why he didn't

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
These are the same questions that had folks believing that Obama could have done something about 9/11.

Ol why did you let him hit you ass folks.

:snoop: