Is Obama or RBG to blame for Supreme Court being 6-3?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
So as Roland Martin points out, and i agree, if Obama had put a Black judge as nominee instead of Garland, Clinton, even with her fukkery, would have most likely won 2016. But also, had RBG retired, the court could still be 5-4.

So who is really to blame for the Supreme Court being solidly conservative now?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So as Roland Martin points out, and i agree, if Obama had put a Black judge as nominee instead of Garland, Clinton, even with her fukkery, would have most likely won 2016. But also, had RBG retired, the court could still be 5-4.

So who is really to blame for the Supreme Court being solidly conservative now?

Mitch wasn’t allowing a confirmation vote and Obama was too scared to do any other mechanism even on his way out the door.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
They are both at fault

1. Obama let a Supreme Court nomination sit vacant for almost a year and didn't even attempt to push Garland through in the 11th hour with McConnell using some made up Election Year rule while pushing ACB through in record time 4 years later. Do you think Trump, Romney, or Sanders would have let that fly in 2016?

2. RBG was a career cancer patient who thought she was invincible and looked down on black men. Made a snap response based off Kaepernicks kneeling and only wanted to step down under Hillarys Administration.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
RBG. Obama did the right thing and had the proper meeting.

But I'll say the left wing media shoulda put the same full court press on her to step down as they are doing to Joe Biden.

They should have put the microphone up to question her legacy for not stepping down and making sure to note history won't be kind to her if she doesn't. So maybe Obama fumbled by not trying to get that to happen.