Is Nintendo’s core fanbase still kids that grew up on NES & SNES?

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is what ur average nintendo fan is today:

07c.jpg

Here's the real post:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
This is why a phrase the OP in the way that I did. Because if there core fanbase was not these people that would be forced to take more risk with their software to catch newer audiences

And people saying they have kids. They may be true but they have kids of people that grew up on Nintendo. People that had Sonys there entire life aren’t going to invest in Nintendo for their kids

:comeon: Are there any new characters? We’re getting some updated final smashes for characters and polishing on everything else

They already revealed 2 new characters. I'm sure they're holding onto other new characters, modes, etc to be revealed at a later date. The game is still 6 months out...no need to show all new stuff yet

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Quality and innovation doesn't get old.

It just doesn't, you can sell a hamburger a 100 different ways and people will buy it if its quality and a new experience but familiar every time, doesn't matter if its still an a hamburger at its core on the 99th time.

Nintendo's core base is the crowd that wants good games and the crowd that wants "family or wholesome" gaming also. Nintendo is literally the last company that doesn't try to be edgy or cool or on some super mature high tech stuff. They just continue to make new innovated systems and experiences while making quality games. There games and characters have a charm and "wholesomeness" about them that isn't cheesy nor is it feel with secret overtones. There aren't agenda's being pushed and its all about the game. Nintendo has been letting people choose male or female characters in alot of things for a long time... mario is still saving the princess, Samus has been a strong female hero..etc etc.

They are just a refreshing company.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I feel like this is the logic if you grew up on Nintendo.

There’s no harm in buying a kid a PS4 or Xbox and it’s better to do so. Because Nintendo is selling nostalgia at this point
That's your view but what about the children who never played those games because they wasn't born yet. It's new to them. They still innovate more than anyone else so you incorrect with that...
This.

When it comes to new IP from Nintendo, you're not getting Ghost of Tsushima, you're not getting The Last of Us and you're not getting Detroit: Become Human.

What you will get is something either in the realm of Splatoon, ARMS, Steel Diver, Endless Ocean, The Wonderful 101, Sushi Striker or Brain Age, Nintendogs, 1,2 Switch , Wii Sports and Nintendo Land.

And if all else fails, they got the Mario's, Zelda's Donkey Kong's and Pokemon's to fall back on due to brand recognition.
That's your selfish point of view, you mention a bunch of games that are soulless gameplay wise. Ghost looks like tenchu with nice trees. Gameplaywill likely be less than that old game tho :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think @LÍQUIDO said this a few years ago, "Gaming is going in the wrong direction if they stop making games for kids."

I agree. My friends with kids have Switches, my nieces and nephew have a switch and I buy them games for Christmas and birthdays.

Nintendo is providing a service that the other companies simply don't care about

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I think @LÍQUIDO said this a few years ago, "Gaming is going in the wrong direction if they stop making games for kids."

I agree. My friends with kids have Switches, my nieces and nephew have a switch and I buy them games for Christmas and birthdays.

Nintendo is providing a service that the other companies simply don't care about
Someone has to get them early to secure the next generation of gamers to call the battlefield noobs "fakkits" for not knowing how to secure an m-com.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo is the intro to video games for kids which then turn to PS/XBox/PC as they grow older and then back to Nintendo when they are adults trying to relive their childhood. :blessed:Circle of life brehs.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nintendo is the more family friendly console on the market but that isn’t the whole picture as to why Nintendo is successful. Similar to Disney, Nintendo found their lane, focused on it, and became dominant in that space. People still care about experiences they can rely on. Nintendo isn’t known exactly known for taking a ton of risks on new IPs but their core library is absolutely known for quality. I don’t subscribe to the idea that Nintendo is only for kids either. The presentation is friendly, but the games are still fantastic on their own. I wish Nintendo would stop experimenting with peripherals and finally took online seriously.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Nintendo is the more family friendly console on the market but that isn’t the whole picture as to why Nintendo is successful. Similar to Disney, Nintendo found their lane, focused on it, and became dominant in that space. People still care about experiences they can rely on. Nintendo isn’t known exactly known for taking a ton of risks on new IPs but their core library is absolutely known for quality. I don’t subscribe to the idea that Nintendo is only for kids either. The presentation is friendly, but the games are still fantastic on their own. I wish Nintendo would stop experimenting with peripherals and finally took online seriously.
Bruh, you said it in the first line. It's a family friendly machine. Other than the dozen or so games that fit that category, the rest is kid friendly titles and old inferior ports of titles from actual current gen systems. I mean, shovel knight was a featured launch title :mjlol:

Let's not act like just because a crappy doom port was made makes it a system for adults. Not as your main system :stop: you gotta date a Kardashian first before you can do all that

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's simplistic to reduce Nintendo as being just for kids, it's universal and always has been. A child playing Mario will have an entire different experience to an adult doing so

Games like Zelda, Mario & Splatoon have more depth & innovation that most triple A titles (COD, BF, 2K etc). Don't be fooled by the cutesy graphics & artstyle

I don't own a Switch/Wii U/Nintendo device fwiw

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

The average video gamer is a male in his mid 30's. Hasn't been about kids for awhile

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I can't imagine the life of brehs too broke to enjoy this Zelda piff. Smash Bros in December. Nintendo :banderas:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
First Nintendo system was a gameboy advance sp. Then the gamecube.

And I'm a nintendo boy. Lil breh grew up on the Wii :heh:

I played all the classics since then though don't get it twisted :ufdup: