Is NBA Street Vol. 2 the GOAT NBA game?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
GOAT NBA game? No. The GOAT Streetball game? 100% without question. Its in my top 20. This game was perfect and dropped at the absolute peak of the streetball craze. Everything from the soundtrack to the characters (had an 11 year old me thinking Stretch was really out here :wow: ) Your playing style also dictated your nickname, too. Game was lightning in a bottle. Played Vol 3 on the 360 and was so disappointed. It was prettier but didn't have a fraction of the sauce and soul that Vol. 2 had.

NBA Ballers & NBA Ballers: Phenom deserves an honorable mention. They did what 2K is currently trying with the whole 'The Park' thing.

Street Hoops (PS2) is underrated, too.

Vol 3 wasn't on 360 breh, you must be thinking about homecourt.

Homecourt was just alright, the real Vol 3 is just as good as Vol 2, the story mode was different tho, instead of just beating teams you would build up your own court and buy stuff for your team with the money you got from beating teams

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The J U Ice!

That game and SSX Tricky had the dorm rooms jumping. We were up all night playing those two.
I was a MONSTER in Volume 2. I had a bullshyt job as a supervisor of the computer labs so I'd clock in and go home and run game all night. We'd have 7 or 8 people at the apartment just running game all night. I'd hardly ever have to come up off the sticks. I remember one night taking a dude who had literally never played the game and didn't know shyt about basketball and ran through everybody.

Street 2 is probably the most fun I've ever had with a basketball game.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Vol 3 wasn't on 360 breh, you must be thinking about homecourt.

Homecourt was just alright, the real Vol 3 is just as good as Vol 2, the story mode was different tho, instead of just beating teams you would build up your own court and buy stuff for your team with the money you got from beating teams

You may be right. I think it was Homecourt. Likely mixed the two up since it's been so long.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was my childhood. Gamecube was on all day playing this and Melee. :ohlawd:

I remember trolling my boy everytime I hit the gamebreaker I'd hit the replay button over and over before the shyt was done :troll:

Last edited:

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Hitting the repeat button while T.R.O.Y. , Rock the Party and React playing used to have my cousins :damn::mad:

I’ll be like :wow::lawd::umad: “you gon listen”

Daps
When you master trick counters and Goal tending the off the heezy so disrespectful :scust:

V2 had a better soundtrack and Jordan but V3 had interactive game breakers + dunk contests that you could fukk up if you weren’t careful or got greedy.:mjcry: Goat series

Sim basketball games:russell:

I owned 2K13:russell:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This dropped when I was healing up from a major motorcycle accident. Me and my friend damn near burned a hole in the disk we were playing it so much.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Off topic...but street hoops was the truth :wow:

I think that’s first time I played with 4 other people using a multitap.

I was putting in work with Hotsauce:mjgrin:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
yes,

i wish they would remaster for ps4/5 or something. game was so much fun!