Is Muni Long being finessed?

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
If you compare her before and afters, she's become a whole different person after getting all that work done.

Had her nose done, botox all over her face, buccal fat removal on her cheeks, and probably even Ozempic by now.

"He was jealous of me"...

Whelp, all credibility goes out the window for me. She ain't right mentally.

:yeshrug:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Artists should always at bare minimum invest in a decent home setup. Not even to X out the big studio costs if that’s what your sound is but I guarantee there is a ton of time being wasted in her budget. She could definitely be writing, cutting demos, reworking arrangements or even cutting the final vocals if she invested in the right equipment and hired someone to come in-house. Then save the big chunk of money for the mixing and mastering if she’s aiming for a certain sound. I’ve never heard her music so I can’t judge. Definitely not a finesse but in a way it is when there are hit records being made from home setups.
I tell people this all the time, I have a killer home setup but if need be we can just go to the studio to record

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She's not lying for someone whose trying to make music you can do it in house but you will most definitley hear the difference

you can lease a beat for 25 to 100 exclusives run 1,000 plus
studio time is 50 to 100

multiply that by 8 at the minimum for an ep or album that's not including the mixing and mastering

if you want a feature thats a 1,000 plus

photoshoot, videos, and you have to market there's no other way. It really is a money game.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
The reason I ask is because it was mentioned in the comments that everyone insinuating doing it cheaper is talking about rap because the bar is so low. With R&B you need the best vocals and engineers for the label to put it out, so her experience is different. Is there any truth to that?
No if you understand the basics Like acoustics/acoustic principles, tracking, and mic placements you can make anything happen. I have literally recorded singers in a hotel room for songs and the songs came out fire. And any mixing engineer with their salt can get a good mix out of a CLEAN recording (if You recorded dirty, yaoyo). Any person saying other wise has a skill issue

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I think labels pick the studio and other stuff that goes in to making a record, cant just diy and expect them to release it
and that's how they trick and trap artists. They will buy big blocks of studio time on discount for the amount of time they are purchasing, and THEN charge the artist the regular rate making a profit. For example, if a studio charges $200 an hour, the label can get it for the entire month and at that rate it will be about $75-100 on a discount. They will then charge the artist the $200 rate therefore making a profit on the time bought that the artist must recoup at crazy royalty rate.

You can definitely get high quality recordings from a home studio in 2024. A simply $5k investment can get you all that is needed and then you just pay to get it mixed and mastered. Billie Eillish and her brother recorded her first album in his bedroom on Logic and a UA interface. You don't need to be in a million dollar studio to get quality anymore. That's bullshyt.