Is Muni Long being finessed?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Of course she's right. It's varying degrees on the numbers but she's right. Y'all are forgetting, she's been in the music biz for like 15+ years. She's not new.

This is why artists depend on touring to make money. The label is going to use your album sales to recoup those costs.

TThe issue is with these deals where labels now take cuts from your tour money as well

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Artists should always at bare minimum invest in a decent home setup. Not even to X out the big studio costs if that’s what your sound is but I guarantee there is a ton of time being wasted in her budget. She could definitely be writing, cutting demos, reworking arrangements or even cutting the final vocals if she invested in the right equipment and hired someone to come in-house. Then save the big chunk of money for the mixing and mastering if she’s aiming for a certain sound. I’ve never heard her music so I can’t judge. Definitely not a finesse but in a way it is when there are hit records being made from home setups.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Artists should always at bare minimum invest in a decent home setup. Not even to X out the big studio costs if that’s what your sound is but I guarantee there is a ton of time being wasted in her budget. She could definitely be writing, cutting demos, reworking arrangements or even cutting the final vocals if she invested in the right equipment and hired someone to come in-house. Then save the big chunk of money for the mixing and mastering if she’s aiming for a certain sound. I’ve never heard her music so I can’t judge. Definitely not a finesse but in a way it is when there are hit records being made from home setups.
I think labels pick the studio and other stuff that goes in to making a record, cant just diy and expect them to release it

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I think labels pick the studio and other stuff that goes in to making a record, cant just diy and expect them to release it
Yes you can.

Ca$h Money made a killing off Universal due in part to their ability to only need 5-10 racks to put together a project on their own, so they never had an issue with advances.