Is Love Jones the GOAT black romantic comedy?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just watched Sylvie's Love. Underwhelming.

Love Jones wasn't a romantic comedy, but it was good.

Also that. I don't know anyone who watched Love Jones and thought "man that shyt was hilarious!"

Makes me question things about @Ethnic Vagina Finder and just how ethnic he really is

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Also that. I don't know anyone who watched Love Jones and thought "man that shyt was hilarious!"

Makes me question things about @Ethnic Vagina Finder and just how ethnic he really is

A lot of the situations were funny to me. And being 19 at the time when this movie dropped, having just moved to California and dealing with women.... yeah.. it was funny. But not in an Adam Sandler, Chris Rock type of funny.

I also thought "I Think I Love My Wife" was a comedy as well. Of course when I took my then wife at the time to see it, she didn't think it was funny.

:gucci:What is shocking is the fact that nobody mentioned Jason's Lyric or The Inkwell. Point being, there use to be a lot of classic black movies that dropped (and TV shows), but that hasn't been the case for a long time. Tyler Perry the only one that's been holding it down, but where's the other directors and producers?

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Love Jones is definitely a classic to me but it’s not a romcom. It’s a Romantic drama with a few funny scenes.

Last edited: