Is it waste of money to collect video games even though it creates a large backlog?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I want Tales of Vesperia :noah:

Even though my backlog got like 10 games ahead of it :noah:

I am a JRPG collector :noah:

IDK why :noah:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:manny:Everybody has their hobbies breh.
I used to try to downplay my video game collection / gaming habits to girls when I was younger.
I used to get hit with the :usure: face when I would tell them I liked video games. For a while I felt like it was something I was supposed to be embarrassed of.
Learned REAL quick that you have to live YOUR life breh, and only be around people that support you and not just tolerate you.

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
i collect games myself ...in the 2000s i was a teenager still jr high/high school so all those games i couldnt get are all available for like 5 bucks and shyt so its nothing to buy a couple and relive nostalgia...but yea most of them are half beaten and shyt lol but thats cause as an adult i barely have time :(

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Just ordered a sega saturn, :yes: and about to order a either a console neo geo mvs or a PS4 pro.
I miss my Sega Saturn
My only problem with it was you really needed a HDMI converter

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
:manny:Everybody has their hobbies breh.
I used to try to downplay my video game collection / gaming habits to girls when I was younger.
I used to get hit with the :usure: face when I would tell them I liked video games. For a while I felt like it was something I was supposed to be embarrassed of.
Learned REAL quick that you have to live YOUR life breh, and only be around people that support you and not just tolerate you.
I am not speaking about it from that perspective.

I'm just saying I want to buy more games even though I know I'm not going to have time to play them anytime soon LOL

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I look at my collection (hoarding is more like it) and :huhldup: the overwhelming majority of my games have never been played more than an hour.

I’ve always been of the mind that you gotta buy a lot of games to find one you'll like. :ld:

I have a pretty good collection of rare console games, but I have so, so many digital pc games, which have absolutely no collection value. :snoop:

I pretty much need a Tidal-like gaming subscription at this point. I want it all, even if only a small percentage get played. I guess that’s happening sometime in the future. I want it now though :feedme: