is it true that Blacks are responsible for 36% of violent crimes?

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
The White # isn't accurate either cause they include a lot of Hispanics in there
There’s are a few flaws: first is the 36% number. You gotta account for the fact that out of the general population, criminals are a small number.

Secondly the fact that these are only arrests. Arrests aren’t an admission of guilt.

Also, Innocent Black people are seven times more likely to be wrongfully convicted of murder than innocent white people.​

Then you gotta factor in that half of all exonerations are black men.

The system is just racist AF to be real. And I don’t put a lot of stock in the numbers

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
That's mathematically impossible.

Black people are 13% of the population but commit 36% of the crime, the 13% represents all Black people in America, ages ranging from <5 babies to elderly 62+, out of that 13%, babies and the elderly are not commiting crimes, so that 13% shrinks down and also the working, or well to do class of Black people are not commiting crimes.
All-Blacks_Age.png

Why would a Black person who push through all of the obstacles of discrimination (white supremacy) to become successful, go out and commit a crime....does not make sense.

Also, Black people make up 33% of the jail/prison population (Black imprisonment rate in the U.S. has fallen by a third since 2006), so that shrinks that 13% down even further, so let's say 5%.

So, 5% of the Black population (who are not babies/children and 62+ and are not incarcerated) commit 36% of the crime, so in order for Black people of that age group to commit that much crime, they would have to commit multiple crimes back to back to back to back....Mathematically it does not make sense...5% of the population but commit 36% of the come, but have a prison percentage of 33%

Also, Black people are charged with anything, the police can just make up a crime....like sagging pants (https://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy.html)....Your commiting a crime of sagging Pants, your going to jail
TheGrio

Sagging Pants Law: Black men make up 96% of town’s arrests for the offense​

9287ac4fbb8859c45566ff2103fadb41
Kia Morgan-Smith | Jun 5, 2019

african kings

Black men in Shreveport, Louisiana have made up the majority of the arrests since 2017 for wearing sagging pants—an astonishing 96 percen

According to data from the Shreveport Police Department, 699 Black men have violated a Louisiana law that targets people wearing britches below the belt, while only 12 white men have been accused of the crime. Thirteen Black women were arrested also for the violation.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
That's mathematically impossible.

Black people are 13% of the population but commit 36% of the crime, the 13% represents all Black people in America, ages ranging from <5 babies to elderly 62+, out of that 13%, babies and the elderly are not commiting crimes, so that 13% shrinks down and also the working, or well to do class of Black people are not commiting crimes.
All-Blacks_Age.png

Why would a Black person who push through all of the obstacles of discrimination (white supremacy) to become successful, go out and commit a crime....does not make sense.

Also, Black people make up 33% of the jail/prison population (Black imprisonment rate in the U.S. has fallen by a third since 2006), so that shrinks that 13% down even further, so let's say 5%.

So, 5% of the Black population (who are not babies/children and 62+ and are not incarcerated) commit 36% of the crime, so in order for Black people of that age group to commit that much crime, they would have to commit multiple crimes back to back to back to back....Mathematically it does not make sense...5% of the population but commit 36% of the come, but have a prison percentage of 33%

Also, Black people are charged with anything, the police can just make up a crime....like sagging pants (https://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/30/fashion/30baggy.html)....Your commiting a crime of sagging Pants, your going to jail
TheGrio

Sagging Pants Law: Black men make up 96% of town’s arrests for the offense​

9287ac4fbb8859c45566ff2103fadb41
Kia Morgan-Smith | Jun 5, 2019

african kings

Black men in Shreveport, Louisiana have made up the majority of the arrests since 2017 for wearing sagging pants—an astonishing 96 percen

According to data from the Shreveport Police Department, 699 Black men have violated a Louisiana law that targets people wearing britches below the belt, while only 12 white men have been accused of the crime. Thirteen Black women were arrested also for the violation.

Those saggy paints laws was some of the dumbest shyt that black folks co-signed

Pillmattic

Banned
Daps
I think aggravated assault is attempted murder. Interesting that most of the attempted murder is white people but most murder is black people.
I think aggravated assault is where you need medical attention like really beat someone’s ass because you can catch a regular assault charge for just pushing someone or getting in a little tussle I think attempted murder they have to prove it was your intention to kill someone and weren’t successful but also diff states view it differently (my ex use to be in law school and we would argue about this shyt alot lol)

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
Those saggy paints laws was some of the dumbest shyt that black folks co-signed

Black people collectively did not support those laws. It was the sellout c00n Boule class that co-signed that law, the majority did not co-sign that bill.

That's the same shyt Joe Biden said when he did the Crime Bill...You Black people supported it, no we did not. They found some sellout c00n Boules to co-sign that shyt.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
We commit a disproportionate amount of violence—-due to many historical factors , yea—-but to try and deny it is a bit disingenuous. It may be hard to swallow but it’s the truth and we all know it

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
That’s a cac he’s been saying :mjpls: since he’s been on this site

Naw that's a cheap take. I just want us as a whole to be better. So If I stayed quiet and in real life would I be considered real? In that same view I would go along and advocate for the fkucery . Never challenging to be better never talking about the hard issues. President O called us out is he mj pls also? Is Dr. Cosby? I hope you not some ole head.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Yea.. but no one ever address why that is.... and why han't it been consistent since the founding of the country....

I'll give u a modern example. Look at the vid where Houston breh is going to the service. The chicks he spoke with mentally checked out . They had nothing to add toward the Convo.

They may not wanna study up and get it together academically or just good self knowledge so they hang and run with brehs who they are comfortable with. Yet I know hella brehs like dude taking myself out of the equation. Some found quality sistas and some had to cross over.

We still love flash over substance. Can u have a bit of both of course. We can't just play play and get passed onward academically and the end of the yr.

I've seen brehs and sistas pop off I got a 4.1 etc etc get into college and can't do the damn work. Many of the people I know parents didn't watch over them academically like my parents did us. Every summer I had fun but I had to be enrolled in some academic program outside of school.

Substance is boring until it's money time. If your company gets bought out for a nice sum people who knew u when coming out the damn grave and woodwork talking they proud of u.

Yet what about the brehs/ sista who aren't doing well academically. The class clown jokester thing is real and continues past highschool.

This is where u get some who can't hold down a normal gig or who can't become a plumber or an electrician. They end up glorying the fast life not telling kids you have a jail cell or a quick but permanent graveyard.

Last edited: