Is it safe to say that Curren$y's beat selection is just as good as Ross's?

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
But the BMF is basically a Jeezy knockoff..shyt ain't even really that great...Ross picks Alotta beats that do all the work for the rapper...see what I'm sayin?..they have a lot goin on...so damn near any rapper will sound good cause the beat does the heavy lifting...which is what I think is a problem with rap now overall..

How is BMF the beat a 'Jeezy knock off' ?? Dood the beat is a big beat, it dominated when it came out, that part is not even debatable. Styles P is still touring performing that song and making money heh.

And we are saying exactly the same thing. Rick Ross picks bigger beats that anyone would sound good over, universal bangers. Currensy finds beats that most people wouldn't sound good over but sound perfect for him. It's what makes him stand out. He could buy beats from Lex Luther just the same.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
How is BMF the beat a 'Jeezy knock off' ?? Dood the beat is a big beat, it dominated when it came out, that part is not even debatable. Styles P is still touring performing that song and making money heh.

And we are saying exactly the same thing. Rick Ross picks bigger beats that anyone would sound good over, universal bangers. Currensy finds beats that most people wouldn't sound good over but sound perfect for him. It's what makes him stand out. He could buy beats from Lex Luther just the same.

That shyt was a shawty lo knockoff beat...its one of the many reasons him.and Jeezy started beefin...cause he started runnin wit that style and everyone followed suit...honestly...that beat was an overall bad example cause not everyone even sounds good over that kinda sound...but I see ur point..we are kinda sayin the same thing but different...cause I don't think only curren$y would sound good over his beats if effort were involved...but I DO think he picks beats tailor made for his style..but even when he makes a mixtapes using other peoples beats..most of the beats are quality beats...

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Honestly Ross needs to choose beats in the same lane as Stoned Immaculate instead of all that 808 trap shyt he been doin, he makes his best music with that Luxury Tax,Cigar Music vibe.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Honestly Ross needs to choose beats in the same lane as Stoned Immaculate instead of all that 808 trap shyt he been doin, he makes his best music with that Luxury Tax,Cigar Music vibe.

I have to agree with this. My only rationale for it is that Ross is saving all the good shyt for the album

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
:aicmon: i think its safe to say that nobody is fukking with Ross beat selection. im not even a Ross fan either but i wont deny his taste in beats are far superior to that of any other rapper out now (excluding Ye)

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps

he is saving those beats for the album.

neomerge

CEO of JustDipset
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
It's close. He's had a couple of really boring beats though. Ross is still the king.

Ronald

Daps
Curren$y picks better beats than Ross

Ross beats ain't even that good, most of them sh1ts sound the fumkin same

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
nikkas are trippin sayin Ross doesn't pick good beats...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG3X8n9U3Lg]Rick Ross ft. Drake - Made Men [Lyrics HD] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjoW4Nt-9Mk]Rick Ross - Triple Beam Dreams (Feat. Nas) [NEW] - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krtou0bSoUE]Rick Ross - Money Maker (Prod By Boi-1da) *NEW 2010* HOT [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

>>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

choc city

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt read any of the replies in this thread so if someone already said this, sue me...

Is Ross's beat selection all that good? Because to me, most of his biggest songs are pretty much no brainers. 2Pac's hologram could even recognize them as bangers...

Even Nas and Salaam Remi would agree they are dope beats.