Is it safe to say that Curren$y's beat selection is just as good as Ross's?

That 808

Your Mom's "Friend"
Daps
This dude's beat selection is crazy on everything that he puts out. I know that's one of Ross's strong suits, but Curren$y has that same ear.. The beats fit his flow perfectly...

Examples:

Flight Briefing

Montreux

Chandelier from the new CD is another perfect example....

Last edited by a moderator:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Hes great at picking beats only he would sound good over. Rick Ross just picks bangers that anyone would sound good over.

Not true..Curren$y picks great beats period...he just knows what compliments his style..same as Ross..but any good rapper with good presence would sound good over his beats...also..as of late..Ross' beat selection has been repetitive as all hell..but overall he is great at picking beats...Fat Joe is another one who has a great ear...

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Not true..Curren$y picks great beats period

It is true though. Theres a ton of beats that most rappers wouldn't sound good over that he rhymes on because of their flow and style. Audio Dope 3 isn't a type of beat most rappers can jump on and make it sound good. Its personally why Currensy is one of my favorite rappers, I think he stands out in that way.

Waka Flocka couldn't rhyme on 'Famous' and sound good on it, he can however take all the beats off 'God Forgives And I Don't' and make a good song.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
It is true though. Theres a ton of beats that most rappers wouldn't say good over that he rhymes on because of their flow and style. Audio Dope 3 isn't a type of beat most rappers can jump on and make it sound good.

Nah..they are good..its just he has a more versatile ear than alotta rappers...his ear for beats is BETTER and more versatile than Ross'..every project he makes has an overall diff sound...

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Nah..they are good..its just he has a more versatile ear than alotta rappers...his ear for beats is BETTER and more versatile than Ross'..every project he makes has an overall diff sound...

You are missing the point. I never said they are not good beats. I said that Rick Ross picks bigger beats than Currensy. Currensy finds good beats that fit his style, Rick Ross finds big records that people end up copying. I love the beat to 'Michael Knight' but are we really comparing it to BMF as far as what the bigger beat was?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
You are missing the point. I never said they are not good beats. I said that Rick Ross picks bigger beats than Currensy. Currensy finds good beats that fit his style, Rick Ross finds big records that people end up copying. I love the beat to 'Michael Knight' but are we really comparing it to BMF as far as what the bigger beat was?

But the BMF is basically a Jeezy knockoff..shyt ain't even really that great...Ross picks Alotta beats that do all the work for the rapper...see what I'm sayin?..they have a lot goin on...so damn near any rapper will sound good cause the beat does the heavy lifting...which is what I think is a problem with rap now overall..

Daps
Currensy has a great ear for beats...but. Ross brings the absolute best out of producers cause he demands that...