Is it rude to ask a dude to use his machine between sets?

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A bench? I wait it out. A machine with breaks in between? I ask to slip in and offer to let people slip in. A curl bar when there are only two in the entire gym? Same thing, not a big deal to share between sets.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
ive always wondered how people felt about this.

I let people be on damn near any exercise...unless they on some dumb shyt in the squat rack...then im running up like...
...How many sets you got for those curls breh?

sztl7.gif

3rdCoast

Pro
Daps
Not rude but I don't really like when people do it. I always ask how many sets they have left and if they offer that I go in between sets I just say i'll wait. Sometimes I don't say anything and just wait, but then theres a risk that someone else asks him and goes in before me lmao

3rdCoast

Pro
Daps
ive always wondered how people felt about this.

I let people be on damn near any exercise...unless they on some dumb shyt in the squat rack...then im running up like...
...How many sets you got for those curls breh?

sztl7.gif
Well what if you curl more than most people squat?

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Machines - why not?
I avoid it with squat/bench. But if i'm doing 8 sets or something and taking 2-3 minutes break, i'll let someone hop in.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I hate standing around waiting for someone to get off the machine.. Most sit around after a set for a couple of minutes.. It's it wrong to walk up to him & ask if I can bang out a set in between theirs & I'll even replace the weight?
Depends...if its one of those Euro-training/circuit training ass nikkas then no...they're using like 2 or more machines and you should be able to work in while they're on another machine.

But if its clearly someone working hard af and mashing out their sets, leave them be...nikkas need to know how to work around other people training at a gym..there are plenty of other machines you can use while they're on it. Plus they're probably sitting down for short period before they hit their next set...I've given up a bench/machine under the pretense that I'd be resting while the other person is using it but in the middle of their set I'm ready to go and don't want to waste time...I'm kinda picky about my space lol.

Also, don't run up on the dude right after he drops the plates too. nikkas have been on some "hey man x3" shyt and I don't have my earphones off.

I usually hit the gym when no one is there so I can hog everything for myself and do circuits...but if its packed I'll mash out on one machine at a time...unless I'm doing heavier compunds

my $0.02

EDIT: if a lot of plate switching is needed then no

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Had this punk bytch steal the cable machine while I went to the water fountain...there was another set open, but he came to mine. :what: Honestly almost snapped and hit him square in the nose. "But I'm using this...wait your turn." :troll: I told him I was still using it then I paused and said, "fukk it your fat ass stay here." :birdman: Then dude had the nerved to "report" me to the front desk....:beli: Pre-workout in my system and seeing my pumped reflection got me on edge when people be doing stupid shyt. :snoop:
That's that shyt I don't like.

Plus the bold is what I'm saying...I'm not normal when I'm lifting man :whoa:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That's that shyt I don't like.

Plus the bold is what I'm saying...I'm not normal when I'm lifting man :whoa:
I will say it's more acceptable when it's a "serious" lifter. If it's someone I know goes into the cardio area doing fukkery for 45 minutes and then they want to run in an do fukkery in the weight room......................:camby:

I've told this story before but I saw a guy ask a person to switch benches so he could do hanging stretches on the bar above the bench. Never mind he could have taken a box and did the same thing 4' over. I legit would have told him to get the fukk out of my face.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I will say it's more acceptable when it's a "serious" lifter. If it's someone I know goes into the cardio area doing fukkery for 45 minutes and then they want to run in an do fukkery in the weight room......................:camby:

I've told this story before but I saw a guy ask a person to switch benches so he could do hanging stretches on the bar above the bench. Never mind he could have taken a box and did the same thing 4' over. I legit would have told him to get the fukk out of my face.
Totally agree...at the end of the day its context/situational.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never done it cause I go to the gym when it's not packed.

However today I was almost forced to. Had this fat out of shape guy waiting like 5-7 minutes between sets on the only incline bench.

To make it worse he had 25 pounds played on the bar.

batsu

Rookie
Daps
I just ask how many sets they got left and I tell em that I got next when they are done. Sometimes they ask me if I want to work in with them.