Is it rude to ask a dude to use his machine between sets?

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
I hate standing around waiting for someone to get off the machine.. Most sit around after a set for a couple of minutes.. It's it wrong to walk up to him & ask if I can bang out a set in between theirs & I'll even replace the weight?

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
Go to the gym when it's less full, switch gyms or buy some home weights + body weight exercises. This nikka never has to ask anybody to move.

Got my:

- Pull up Bar
- Ab Wheel Rollah
- 20lb weights
- 10lb medicine ball and
- Ankle and wrist weights

Pull up bar will have your back, lats and triceps looking brolick you don't need the machines breh.

Main time I go to the gym is for treadmill or classes that's pretty much it. Weights I can do at home fukk that.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's rude but it's unlikely anybody is going to do anything but let you work in between their sets.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
Yes, especially if it's for movements that can be easily replicated on unused equipment. Even worse is when the person can clearly see you push more weight than them and not only do you have to wait for this person to finish their set but you also have to put your weight back on the bar. I hate it because:

It fukks with my focus
It increases the amount of time I spend at that particular piece of equipment, thereby increasing the amount of time I spend in the gym.
I hate being watched and often times the person you're alternating will just stand there and watch you. Disturbingly.

EDIT: If you have 4 sets of dumbells laying on the ground doing nothing I will ask though.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yeah it's rude but it's unlikely anybody is going to do anything but let you work in between their sets.
I don't think its rude at all. Its better than you going to get water and nikkas sneaking on your machine like a chump when they know you coming back and having to be like nah fam still using it lol. Its mainly white folks that do this sucker shyt too. I think I knight have had a black person do it that way like once or twice maybe. I won't let a person work in between sets unless they fam though cause I don't like feeling rushed when sharing with non fam

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Go to the gym when it's less full, switch gyms or buy some home weights + body weight exercises. This nikka never has to ask anybody to move.

Got my:

- Pull up Bar
- Ab Wheel Rollah
- 20lb weights
- 10lb medicine ball and
- Ankle and wrist weights

Pull up bar will have your back, lats and triceps looking brolick you don't need the machines breh.

Main time I go to the gym is for treadmill or classes that's pretty much it. Weights I can do at home fukk that.

:mjlol:

But yeah...had a nikka the other day hop in on my set on bench press.....:dame:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Depends on how much time they are taking between sets, how crowded the gym is and the machine.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I HATE when 4 people or more want to ,jump in. I straight up say no. Yall ain't fukking up my sets with that many people.

I personally never ask to jump in but I'll let somebody rock. Don't try taking no whole bunch of weight off the bar though.:ufdup:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It depends. I told an old dude no yesterday cause I was on a timer and there were empty racks for what I was doing.

Also if there is a lot of weight switching involved (i.e. you need to warm up while someone else is in their working set or your strength levels are way different) its also not worth it.

Otherwise :manny:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I hate standing around waiting for someone to get off the machine.. Most sit around after a set for a couple of minutes.. It's it wrong to walk up to him & ask if I can bang out a set in between theirs & I'll even replace the weight?
If the gym is packed and I can't work on anything else, I'll ask to work in with them.
Usually, I'll just find something else, machine or free weight, that works the same muscles.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That's the one good thing about my gym and working out so early. People are allergic to the squat rack.

The only time I ever really had an issue were these to dudes that did OHP and Back Squats in the only real rack. Easily 20 sets between the two movements. My only issue was using the rack for hoe ass weight in the rack when there is a cage they could use.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Had this punk bytch steal the cable machine while I went to the water fountain...there was another set open, but he came to mine. :what: Honestly almost snapped and hit him square in the nose. "But I'm using this...wait your turn." :troll: I told him I was still using it then I paused and said, "fukk it your fat ass stay here." :birdman: Then dude had the nerved to "report" me to the front desk....:beli: Pre-workout in my system and seeing my pumped reflection got me on edge when people be doing stupid shyt. :snoop: