Is it really possible to make a good live-action Fantastic Four movie?

Fantastic Four in the MCU?

• Total voters

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
breh those characters are actually cool and have the cosmic element in their favor :gucci:.....im guessing you're not a comic reader so u dont realize how much ppl liked rocket pre movie :francis:....u gonna have to watch 4 of the corniest characters ever put on screen for a hour and a half :hhh:

I agree somewhat, FF are boring as fukk.

They're the one marvel property that would be much better with a DC like approach...ditch the stupid family dynamic and develop them as God's and go all in with the fire, water, Earth, air archetypes.

And get them off Earth.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I think the CGI isn’t there yet

Or maybe it is but obviously not cheap enough just to whip up

hjnm

All Star
Daps
I agree somewhat, FF are boring as fukk.

They're the one marvel property that would be much better with a DC like approach...ditch the stupid family dynamic and develop them as God's and go all in with the fire, water, Earth, air archetypes.

And get them off Earth.

Longtime fans and the general audiences will reject that, The family dynamic is not a death sentence look Guardians did it and they had few fans even amongst comic readers. I guess if you read the 60s books with a modern view they would seem boring but this is where good writers make their bread, if Captain America can become one of the most beloved characters of the MCU then F4 would have no problems. Let's not forget F4 have the best villain in Marvel history plus they go cosmic and space movies are almost always sure money.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
I think... (this is my bs synoosis)

Fantastic 4 were oart of an exoeriment with howard stark in like 50s but they dissapeared n n ver returned like a failed apollo mission.

Suddenly they return to the 2020s. That way ben can have his corny one liners bout yancybstreet (yancy street done changed moment). Mr fantastic n invisible woman can work out their new man wife dynamics in new century. N johnny can go crazy n be a instagram twitter celebrity. Writes itself.

How i could fit doom into a relationship... idk. Looks like i fukked up. Unless doom an old nemesis. Old as fukk by this point with his own stark like gear. Some time travel bs maybe we can get a young doom.

Im freestylin

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
There have been three live-action Fantastic Four films, and they've all been average-to-horrible, in fact I don't think I know anybody that likes them very much.

In particular Doom was wasted, and let's not even being up Galactus being a cloud ( :why: ).

Some people would argue that the characters themselves just don't translate that well to the big screen because they're just too corny. But then again, the current MCU movies have more or less all been at least good, with most being great, and they definitely were able to make Captain America work.

So that said? Fantastic Four in the MCU? You think they can pull it off?
There's actually been 4 FF live movies. You forgot about this classic.

:troll:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There have been three live-action Fantastic Four films, and they've all been average-to-horrible, in fact I don't think I know anybody that likes them very much.

In particular Doom was wasted, and let's not even being up Galactus being a cloud ( :why: ).

Some people would argue that the characters themselves just don't translate that well to the big screen because they're just too corny. But then again, the current MCU movies have more or less all been at least good, with most being great, and they definitely were able to make Captain America work.

So that said? Fantastic Four in the MCU? You think they can pull it off?
All it takes is a director with a vision

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The thing with the FF is not to modernize it. They are who they are, so embrace the rue family dynamic and give them something to do.

The first movie got some of the characterizations right (Evans & Chiklis were stellar) and Ioan Gruffudd was pretty good, but they didn't do ish.
The second movie they let Torch do everything and it still was dumb.
Reboot stripped away the entire family concept.

Go space exploration (Lost in Space) and nothing but bickering and arguing with love, like a Wu-Tang reunion. The Incredibles did it, and they embraced the campiness of the FF.