Is it really possible to make a good live-action Fantastic Four movie?

Fantastic Four in the MCU?

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There have been three live-action Fantastic Four films, and they've all been average-to-horrible, in fact I don't think I know anybody that likes them very much.

In particular Doom was wasted, and let's not even being up Galactus being a cloud ( :why: ).

Some people would argue that the characters themselves just don't translate that well to the big screen because they're just too corny. But then again, the current MCU movies have more or less all been at least good, with most being great, and they definitely were able to make Captain America work.

So that said? Fantastic Four in the MCU? You think they can pull it off?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Of course it's possible, smh.
Simple as that. Characters that have already been proven to be successful in one medium can be in another, that is basic logic. But instead of a straight forward superhero flick they have to start embracing the high concept scifi angle a lot more.

Shows like Westworld and Legion are small glimpses at the mainstream appeal of far out there scifi stuff and the FF were made for that.

hjnm

All Star
Daps
Much easier to do so now than it 2005. Audiences have finally bought into comic book weirdness (see Guardians or Thor: Ragnarok, which had Kirby's art all over), that they don't have to try and ground every single aspect of the story. They'll still have to change certain things, maybe racebend certain characters to attract audiences and show that it's a "new" F4.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
They made Ant Man a hit

Groot

Even the "Big 3" of IM Thor and Cap are basically no names (to the uninitiated) before MCU

MCU seems to be able to take ANYTHING from Marvel and bring it to life on the big screen.

FF will work really well. For the same reason they sold it to begin with

FF were not the bottom of the barrel, they were in the batch of characters including Spiderman and X Men that Marvel and others thought might make good movies.

So now that MCU has KILLED it with their C listers, wait til they do some more Spidey, start doing X Men, and yes: FF

shyt. Doom ALONE makes the rest of them worth putting on screen

My main question is can they get DOOM right

I would have been a tad skeptical before Infinity War.. but now I think they've proven it. Thanos sounded like a tough sell in 2009

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
If marvel is able to do what they've been doing with guardians and Ragnarok then yes.

Fantastic four are boring as fukk let's be honest, but they're even more boring when stuck on planet Earth.

They're much better dimension hopping around in different realities, discovering new shyt.

Basically everything marvel has been hinting at doing for phase four lands right in the FF wheelhouse.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
imo no, not really. Make it passable, yea but not necessarily good. Mostly because FF4 are some of the corniest characters known to man. "its clobbering time" is their best line :russ: and besides the human torch they're powers are goof ball-y as well. I just want disney to have them rights to get their villains. Its weird how corny they are but they seem to have the best villains. Plus we'd get a step closer to the illuminati. Just need my dude Namor (well he was my dude til he did a particular thing to my nicca) to show up

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Nah.

It would be easier for DC to launch a successful Challengers of the Unknown franchise than it would be for Marvel to make a good FF movie.

Even at it's best, movie goers would be like ":gladbron: IM GOING TO SEE DOOM!!!!"

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
imo no, not really. Make it passable, yea but not necessarily good. Mostly because FF4 are some of the corniest characters known to man. "its clobbering time" is their best line :russ: and besides the human torch they're powers are goof ball-y as well. I just want disney to have them rights to get their villains. Its weird how corny they are but they seem to have the best villains. Plus we'd get a step closer to the illuminati. Just need my dude Namor (well he was my dude til he did a particular thing to my nicca) to show up

Breh, we all just watched a movie make a billion dollars with a talking tree and talking racc00n b

:gucci:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
They made Ant Man a hit

Groot

Even the "Big 3" of IM Thor and Cap are basically no names (to the uninitiated) before MCU

MCU seems to be able to take ANYTHING from Marvel and bring it to life on the big screen.

FF will work really well. For the same reason they sold it to begin with

FF were not the bottom of the barrel, they were in the batch of characters including Spiderman and X Men that Marvel and others thought might make good movies.

So now that MCU has KILLED it with their C listers, wait til they do some more Spidey, start doing X Men, and yes: FF

shyt. Doom ALONE makes the rest of them worth putting on screen

My main question is can they get DOOM right

I would have been a tad skeptical before Infinity War.. but now I think they've proven it. Thanos sounded like a tough sell in 2009

Before MCU, Iron Man, Cap, and Thor were not even popular like that in the comic book world. X-men Wolverine and Spiderman were probably the top marvel franchises but Disney makes magic

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Breh, we all just watched a movie make a billion dollars with a talking tree and talking racc00n b

:gucci:
breh those characters are actually cool and have the cosmic element in their favor :gucci:.....im guessing you're not a comic reader so u dont realize how much ppl liked rocket pre movie :francis:....u gonna have to watch 4 of the corniest characters ever put on screen for a hour and a half :hhh: