Is it really in a black mans soul to rock that gold?

Daps
Lol at us blacks originating from kings. 99.5% of us come from peasants or craftmen or traders or farmers or hunters back in african history

Daps
Absolutely. Africans been rocking gold since the BC era. Egyptians to the Ancient African kingdoms had plenty of gold pieces. Few things look better than gold juxtaposed against that beautiful melanated skin...

Ghanian king dripping in Gold
abbf.jpg

Tutankamen's solid Gold sarcaphagus
1378754792_449px-Tutmask.jpg

The gawd Mansa Musa use to give AWAY so much gold he woudl destabilize local economies:

mansa-munsa.jpg

Its in our nature to rock gold. Our ancestors were likely the best to every do it. As long as you aint fronting. :yes:

Meanwhile, these cacs got the game all fukked up:
Queen elizabeth in this wack ass golden coach
maxresdefault.jpg

Or this swagless indian clown in this solid gold shirt? :scusthov:
Gold-suit.jpg

probably weighs like 200 lbs...:heh: nikka knows full well his vegetarian ass frame cant support that shyt.

Like I said only the rulers had gold

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
You sound like a broke nikka. Get ya weight up my breh and you can shine like the rest of us.

Its a beautiful thing. Don't cheat yourself.

Well that sounds kind of ignorant...especially considering I had a six figure agi last year.

You have a right to your opinion, though.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Well that sounds kind of ignorant...especially considering I had a six figure agi last year.

You have a right to your opinion, though.
Everyone always loves claiming this and that on the internet, but i'll let you cook. Either ways, if you not the type to rock gold thats cool too. Just want to dispel the notion that rocking gold is somehow ignorant behaviour. If done right, gold can be an excellent edition to the melanated man's repertoire.

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Everyone always loves claiming this and that on the internet, but i'll let you cook. Either ways, if you not the type to rock gold thats cool too. Just want to dispel the notion that rocking gold is somehow ignorant behaviour. If done right, gold can be an excellent edition to the melanated man's repertoire.

I don't have a problem with rocking gold, I don't think it's ignorant (especially since almost every race of people has a history of valuing it). I thought the lyric referenced was in relation to the stereotype of black people effin their money up trying to floss.

Prociate you not getting brolic over this tho breh.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Lol no.

First off in civilized society only the wealthy had gold. Like african empires all the way to Europe and Far East Asia

Second off in primitive places like the americas everyone had gold and the Spanish exploited it from them and killed em

The god have spoken :ufdup:

Pimp C said:
The reason why we like this, this jewelry and this diamonds and stuff, they don't understand is, because we really from Africa, and that's where all this stuff come from. And we originated from kings, you know what I'm saying? So don't look down on the youngsters because they wanna have shiny things. It's in our genes, know what I'm saying? We just don't all know our history, so—

Daps
They were trading gold and animal furs in Africa to Asia . Incense and gems in the middle east. Silk and spice in Asia . Along these trade routes. These were valuable commodities that Were purchased or traded. Not everyone had access to em unless you wanted to pay. Romans had money they paid