Is It Possible For WWE To Have TOO Many People On The Roster?

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
That's such an absurd number. I bet half the people on the roster just get paid to train in Florida.

They probably got 30 or 40 people signed that don't do anything but train at the PC & about 15 or 20 of those people are the ones that do the Florida loop of NXT shows while the NXT TV people go out as a seperate touring brand across the US.

RAW - 47
SmackDown - 45
205 Live - 16
NXT - 33
UK - 16
Womens Tourny - 32

That's assuming they've signed all 32 women in the tourney, counting managers & GMs that's 189 people before getting to people just in the PC/doing the Florida loop right now so their really somewhere around 220 people right now :dead:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Raw and SD needs larger rosters actually, theres far too many repeat matches. The reason why fans really look forward to Brock/Braun is because they havent faced each other. Most of Brock's matches are first time matchups so its fresh to the fan. There has to be fresh matchups at the top of the card of these shows. Additionally, both men and women have been injured much more in recent years so theres needs to be insurance. WWE has the money and infrastructure to employ and highlight every talented wrestler there is, so theres no such thing as too many, because they can create TV time with the Network.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
If they used the roster wisely it wouldn't be too many people. They should treat more wrestlers like special attractions that you dont' see every week. They should mix up the matchups more often. With the roster they have they could essentially give wrestlers an offseason by staggering the wrestlers to where each can etiher have a few months off in a row or a couple weeks off a quarter to heal up or work on their physique.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
If they used the roster wisely it wouldn't be too many people. They should treat more wrestlers like special attractions that you dont' see every week. They should mix up the matchups more often. With the roster they have they could essentially give wrestlers an offseason by staggering the wrestlers to where each can etiher have a few months off in a row or a couple weeks off a quarter to heal up or work on their physique.

I think one thing they could do if they're so worried about TV is just letting guys take house shows off for a period. I know it still requires flying but it lets the guys know they won't lose their spot at the same time.

Daps
If anything the wwe has too much dead weight.

I say a good 35-40% of these wrestlers are getting a free paycheck.:yeshrug:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I think they have little if you ask me, currently, on Raw, it's the same rinse and repeat matches since 2016 also the tag team division seems grim you've got more heel tag teams than face teams the tag division also suffers from the same rinse and reapeat. 205 small roster = rinse and repeat matches, for example, Noam Dar vs Rich swann, TJP vs Austin/Jack, Austin vs TJP/Neville and lastly Smackdown tag division is pretty low on numbers also I'll give Smackdown credit for pushing Breezango and Luke Haper has no opponents unless it's Rowan.

PYRRHUS 88

Shredder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Realistic Coop Replica
I don't think they have too many people. I like when wrestlers get cycled in and out. I don't want to see the exact same faces every week for 12 months of the year.

Someone not being on TV for a while isn't a problem. Every re-emergence after a while off TV has the potential to be a reboot for that talent.