Is It Possible For WWE To Have TOO Many People On The Roster?

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
So I was reading an article about the latest WWE signings and this question popped into my head. Lately WWE has been on a signing spree but at the same time only giving deavors to people who request a release or are a backstage nuisance.

This had led to probably the biggest WWE roster ever with Vince signing checks people on RAW, SD, NXT, 205 Live, WWE UK and now the Women's Tournament participants.

Now let me say this, I think it's awesome that these wrestlers can earn a consistent paycheck. With that said, I notice especially on the main roster that healthy people will go missing for weeks and months on TV simply because creative has nothing for them. So my question to TSC is are there too many people on the roster to properly give TV time to?

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I'd say yes but at the same time if you focus on all your talent and try to give them storylines and screen time then I don't think it's an issue. There's a whole cruiserweight division yet you wouldn't know it since they only use a handful of guys at a time. SD's tag division has been MIA in the past, sometimes for weeks. Not everybody needs a match and not everybody should have a match. What I think everybody, atleast all main roster superstars should have, is promos and vignettes to build characters and feuds. Hell even the guys getting match time could use more of that.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Trash is trash, doesn't matter if the roster is at 10 or 100

Draw Lesnar, Diet, Orton, Kang, Cena, AJ, Reigns, Goldberg, only people really worth watching

Last edited:

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I'd say yes but at the same time if you focus on all your talent and try to give them storylines and screen time then I don't think it's an issue. There's a whole cruiserweight division yet you wouldn't know it since they only use a handful of guys at a time. SD's tag division has been MIA in the past, sometimes for weeks. Not everybody needs a match and not everybody should have a match. What I think everybody, atleast all main roster superstars should have, is promos and vignettes to build characters and feuds. Hell even the guys getting match time could use more of that.

Agreed and those damn RAW / SD Fallout's that less than a million people on YouTube watch is not cutting it.

Last edited:

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

This so much. It makes their matches a little more special since it's not every week. For example, Smackdown could have had the Highlight Reel segment without the unnecessary tag team match. It helps build up the PPV and frees up time for other people to wrestle.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
WWE has somewhere around 200 people signed right now all together, so yeah they have too many people.

New class started at the Performance Center yesterday though & their more than likely about to sign some more guys like Adam Cole & reDRagon in the next month or so, so eventually their going to have to start cutting some of these people.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
WWE has somewhere around 200 people signed right now all together, so yeah they have too many people.

New class started at the Performance Center yesterday though & their more than likely about to sign some more guys like Adam Cole & reDRagon in the next month or so, so eventually their going to have to start cutting some of these people.

That's such an absurd number. I bet half the people on the roster just get paid to train in Florida.