Is it okay if I lose fat doing just cardio?

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The problem doing only cardio is you are at a much greater risk of also burning muscle. But really just get your diet figured out and you should be good to go in terms of losing fat.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
It varies from person to person

For me personally, cardio on a cut fukks with my recovery and energy. My lifts tanked when I started trying to incorporate cardio. Unless u are already doing it, I wouldn't. But it might work for you.

For me, switching to a crazy high protein diet, getting in a LOT of fiber, and cutting calories has been the ticket. Average protein intake for me has been like 275-300g/day. For you it's probably enough to just get 225-250 or so.
yo how do you get so much protein on a cut?
how many calories are you cutting on?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
yo how do you get so much protein on a cut?
how many calories are you cutting on?
I am getting about 1800-2000. My diet right now is mainly comprised of meat, whey, veggies and powdered fiber. I'm prob hovering around 100 or so grams of carbs.

And I changed my mind about cardio. It's OK if you do it at an easy pace. I don't know about these HIIT nikkas. I guess YMMV but go hard cardio is not for me.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
The problem doing only cardio is you are at a much greater risk of also burning muscle. But really just get your diet figured out and you should be good to go in terms of losing fat.
Not true. You will lose some muscle mass inevitably due to the natural process of the body shedding unwanted fat and toxins but you will only burn mass amounts of muscle if you are not eating enough protein and fats -- that is a scientific fact and cannot be disputed.

There is nothing wrong with 25-45 minutes of steady state cardio every day as long as your macronutrients are in place and you consume enough calories to make up for the calorie expenditure.

Daps
At 16, you can go heavy on cardio and weights and recover quickly because you're so young.

Don't skip cardio though. I don't see many brehs getting real aerobic exercise. Most people can't last long enough to worry about losing muscle mass. You gotta be sub-elite before that becomes a problem (like being able to run a 5k under 19 minutes).