Is it offensive to ask to touch your hair ?

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This always happens to me when I have braids in. Its happened to me like 4 times where people will grab a braid or a few and say 'omg your hairstyle is so unique'. When it happens I instinctively grab a fist full of their own hair. Like from the scalp too. I didn't even notice I did it till my friend told me like 'where you about to snatch that woman bald for touching you :mjlol:

Nobody does it when I wear my natural curly fro out though. They just comment and ask if they can, to which I politely say no.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
everybody wants to touch my hair when its curly, everybody. Little kids, old people, my friends. My fiance literally puts his face in my hair when its curly.

It doesn't offend me, I just assume they like it or think its different.

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Today an elderly woman at my work complimented me on my braids then asked how I wash it:why:. I don't think she was intentionally being shady because she's genuinely really nice to me but still:wtb:.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
only time touching of hair is ok is mid-coitus. Don't argue, don't get offended, don't trip...you are a man you know what hair feels like. :stopitslime:

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
are you black?

you need to ask if its offensive to ask a human being if you can pet them like a dog?

xfxflg.png

Bye Rachel huh

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
People don't ask to touch my hair. :manny:

Then again my hair is short and without a relaxer its type 4 hair.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I don't necessarily think it's rude to ask (weird maybe), but it is definitely rude to touch it without permission. When it comes to my hair, it seems like some people can't help themselves. It's as if they are just amazed and have to see what it feels like.