Is it me or is the PS4 much better than PS3?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game wise I mean. I can think of at least 20 must play games alone on the PS4 which is incredible for a console. Not meh games but really great games that you need to play. Compare this to the ps3 and I’m struggling to name even 8 games in this category.

I think Sony lost their way with the PS3 after the huge success of the PS1 and PS2 but they’ve got their mojo back the PS4. It’s an amazing console.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Game wise I mean. I can think of at least 20 must play games alone on the PS4 which is incredible for a console. Not meh games but really great games that you need to play. Compare this to the ps3 and I’m struggling to name even 8 games in this category.

I think Sony lost their way with the PS3 after the huge success of the PS1 and PS2 but they’ve got their mojo back the PS4. It’s an amazing console.
I disagree. At the beginning of the PS360 gen Xbox had more games. By 2011 the tide had shifted and more exclusives dropped for the PS3. No Uncharted or Last of Us without PS3. Although much of them were Japanese titles. Jojo All star battle,Samurai Heroes, NiNo Kuni. The Yakuza titles.

I spent most of my multiplatform time on the 360 because they ran better on the console.

Its worth remembering that by the end of last gen Sony caught up in terms of sales.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
People love to hold on to things in the past, but yes I think this year the PS4 surpassed the PS3.

Consider that this system is obviously much more capable. The Sony exclusive franchises that have returned have improved. PSN is better and wasn't down a significant amount of time. Detroit is the best game Quantic Dream has ever made.

They only lose points for refusing to allow backwards compatibility unless you pay for their shytty cloud service.

BTW this false narrative of Sony losing their mojo with the PS3 needs to stop. It's better than the 360 outside of the online services.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
PS4 surpassed PS3 in every way, except free online lol.
Most of the PS3 franchises died this gen
You pay for PSN as you stated but the service isn't more reliable
And they took away ALL of the media features that came standard with the PS3, so no CD, DVD, Bluray, No saving movies to your HDD/etc.

As for the new games, this gen in particular is the first gen to not introduce a new genre so to speak, to showcase something that wasn't possible last gen.
Graphics improved just a little, framerates less stable, forced to buy a more expensive system to get mildly better graphics.

You in heaven tho, huh man...

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
PS4 surpassed PS3 in every way, except free online lol.

Backwards Compatibility is still a thing with me but I'd concede for most, it isn't. Its why my launch date PS3 is still in the crib with me. However, the PS4 is going to go down around the between the PS2 and Xbox 360 as second greatest console ever. The exclusives will get them there.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Most of the PS3 franchises died this gen
You pay for PSN as you stated but the service isn't more reliable
And they took away ALL of the media features that came standard with the PS3, so no CD, DVD, Bluray, No saving movies to your HDD/etc.

As for the new games, this gen in particular is the first gen to not introduce a new genre so to speak, to showcase something that wasn't possible last gen.
Graphics improved just a little, framerates less stable, forced to buy a more expensive system to get mildly better graphics.

You in heaven tho, huh man...
These things are going away across all platforms and it has nothing to do with Sony. (Also, PS4 can play DVDs and Blu Rays so I'm not sure what you're talking about...and who is using CDs anymore? Do you not have a single blu tooth speaker in your house?).

This gen introduced VR in a way that has not been before. VR doesn't matter to you specifically anymore because while you bragged and bet your coli account on XB1X having VR, the fact that it doesn't have it makes you say VR no longer matters and causes you down play it on PS4. That aside, It's finally more accessible to the masses and is showing some serious potential. The cost of entry has been steep and the launch games were lack luster, but the library has been building and its clear things are going in a great direction.

Sidenote: As a person that actually owns a PS4 Pro, an OG PS4, an XB1, an XB1X and a 4K TV, I can tell you that the actual differences between the OG PS4 vs the OG XB1 and the differences between the PS4 Pro and XB1X are not enough to brag about. The pissing match only continues due to the fan boys and those that have no clue what they are talking about.
I mean, stan wars are funny, but if you want to speak with some degree of intelligence and objectivity, you would have to have actual experience with these things and no talking points from someone else's experience.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
To answer the OP; Overall, PS4 is better than PS3 but clearly it hasn't come without it's steps back.
The loss of backwards compatibility and having to pay for the online service will always be looked at negatively but the console exclusives and PSVR have made it a clear improvement overall. The integration with YouTube is great as well if streaming matters to you.

To me, the unforgivable parts of the PS4 are; the lack of backwards compatibility, and the lack of a 4K blu-ray drive (especially when it comes to the PS4 pro).
Backwards compatibility can be debated back and forth on whether or not it truly matters, but what I wish more Sony stans called Sony out on is the 4K blu ray.
There's no excuse for not including it, ESPECIALLY on the so called, "Pro" model.

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Gen started out terrible with nothing but remasters of old games but now its on the right track

Imo PSVR, remote play and Shareplay were the real games changers, PSVR sold 3 million units, Vive and Rift have yet to crack a million. Playstation put VR on the map and took its out of the hands of a small few enthusiast

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This generation of consoles was more impactful for gaming. It took sharing content to the next level and made it more accessible to console players... which is HUGE in the grand scheme of things. Developers also got more dynamic with how DLC was presented to the consumer. The Life Span of games now tend to last much longer because of how devs are able to provide new content and update their games without charging gamers for it... unless they want to on skins and camos.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
These things are going away across all platforms and it has nothing to do with Sony. (Also, PS4 can play DVDs and Blu Rays so I'm not sure what you're talking about...and who is using CDs anymore? Do you not have a single blu tooth speaker in your house?).

This gen introduced VR in a way that has not been before. VR doesn't matter to you specifically anymore because while you bragged and bet your coli account on XB1X having VR, the fact that it doesn't have it makes you say VR no longer matters and causes you down play it on PS4. That aside, It's finally more accessible to the masses and is showing some serious potential. The cost of entry has been steep and the launch games were lack luster, but the library has been building and its clear things are going in a great direction.

Sidenote: As a person that actually owns a PS4 Pro, an OG PS4, an XB1, an XB1X and a 4K TV, I can tell you that the actual differences between the OG PS4 vs the OG XB1 and the differences between the PS4 Pro and XB1X are not enough to brag about. The pissing match only continues due to the fan boys and those that have no clue what they are talking about.
I mean, stan wars are funny, but if you want to speak with some degree of intelligence and objectivity, you would have to have actual experience with these things and no talking points from someone else's experience.
1. You said the media features are going away across the board, but the Xbox one has the most media features of any console to date. Do you talk out your ass much?

2, PSVR. I've used real VR on PC that shyts on your wack ass PSVR that isn't doing well :umad: you talking like you more experienced than me (you not) the VR of today isn't even better than the VR from the 90's young buck :snoop:

Let's talk about systems, I had a nes,master system, SNES, genesis, turbo graphix-16, n64, ps1,2,3,Wii, gameboy, Game gear, the-16portable with the tv antenna, Dreamcast, Xbox/etc.

But the difference is I played all the good shyt while it was relative and I was old enough to "get it". You living off the fact your dad gamed and you act like you went back and played all that.

Ain't enough time to do that and have a life. You keep talking like if owning an x or a 4KTV is an accomplishment :laff: who are you impressing my nikka? My 6th child will be here in a week, I reach an impressive milestone in 2 weeks.

This is reality bruh, Destiny 2 flopped and your rhymes are most wanted...

In Malibu :francis: