Is it just me or are a lot of movies nowadays boring as fukk?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You say this in the same year Top Gun: Maverick, The Batman, and Everything Everywhere All at Once drop?

wwe-hhh.gif

This. But I agree with OP on Dune. I'm a scifi head, I like most of the actors but the story and scenery had me :russell: extremely.

And while I liked The Gray Man, I don't care what anybody says that was a waste of 200 mil. There are way better action movies made with less than a quarter of that budget. :mjgrin:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
I feel op
I agree with the run times are way too long for some of these movies
The movies from the 70/80/90s were gripping in the first 30 minutes
It felt more like a journey
Now some of these new movies have tons of exposition or scenes that never truly pay off
Plot holes galore
Character development is also an issue to were it feels like the move is dragging in some parts
For every one good movie we get now
The other 5 be big trash (indie films included)

SunnyD

All Star
Daps
They are and what’s worst is most people don’t have original bones in their bodies .. all these remakes. For this to be such a “creative “ generation I can’t tell.

Daps
its not just you. and its not just movies either.

video games, music, movies, etc. they all suck.

Subconsciously we just can’t enjoy things anymore the same way we used to. There’s numerous reasons for this, one of them is because we search to find things that’s wrong instead of sitting back and enjoying. We are all the harshest critics of everything,

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
This. But I agree with OP on Dune. I'm a scifi head, I like most of the actors but the story and scenery had me :russell: extremely.

And while I liked The Gray Man, I don't care what anybody says that was a waste of 200 mil. There are way better action movies made with less than a quarter of that budget. :mjgrin:
Yeah, OP is going to like what he’ll like and that’s fine. Just wish he didn’t lump together all of the recent films as boring, because this has actually been a fire ass year for theatrical releases. Even straight-to-streaming joints like Prey is hitting. Dude just needs to find his lane, and we have a stickied thread here filled with quality recommendations.

Shall we go back to the year of 2020 and the onslaught of mid dropped during then? How quickly some of us forgot. :sas2:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
100%
Majority of movies are low quality.
The industry is fukked. We hit the point where the original interesting stories are rare. Too much cookie cutter stuff, nothing shocks us or amazes us these days. We've seen too much. Like forreal we know how the majority of movies are going to end but we stay tuned because either its very entertaining or we just wanna see how they get to the ending that we know is coming.
Folks shyt on Netflix movies all the time but im always like what is in theaters now days thats so much better? Part of it is cause people are really only paying to see the block busters now days, and movie stars aren't really a thing anymore either.
Movies in general are a waste while shows are better than they have ever been.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Movies, especially for the price, are pretty trash nowadays. Hollywood is very attached to old models of storytelling. When art becomes so commodified it’s hard to be innovative. The investors are more important than the artist.
Nah. Everytime someone does anything different its called trash.

Last edited:

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
No more real actors either

Everyone looks like they came out of the disney channel

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
some of the movies they market as they big events are not what they claim to be
that's where your disappointment comes from
Dune was good but they were hyping it like it was Star Wars mixed with game of thrones season 8 when really it's building up to that

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
It’s cuz Hollywood only green lights coming of age movies about some young cacs growing up in New York City or the Midwest, movies featuring some young female cac trying to make it in New York City, or some movie about cacs in the 1800’s. Hollywood directors love churning out this same crap over n over again and then have the nerve to say Marvel movies are “repetitive” or when a good black movie comes out with an original different take on a subject “Uhhhh, I don’t get it.”
:heh: The Midwest is by far the most underrepresented locale in movies.

Anytime a movie gets made set in the Midwest it's some fictonal rural small town.

Marvel can't even give Chicago its own caped crusader meanwhile NYC has like 12.

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Nah it's people's attention span getting shorter due to social media. That being said, there are some short, boring movies/shows as well. I think people are tired of remakes, remasters, etc.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been a big fan of movies since I was a kid literally the first movies I’ve ever watched was The Mummy and Scorpion King. I’ve basically have watched all of the classics in my teenage years. Everything you name it: Godfather, Scarface, Amadeus, The Thing etc. but for some reason I can not get into any recent movies at all. I completely drop them after like 10 minutes maybe even less. I tried watching the Gray Man on Netflix and I dropped that shyt in 3 minutes. I couldn’t even stay awake to watch Dune :francis:

I’m dead wondering if this is just me growing up or are movies becoming more shyttier

Didn't read but going off your title no movies are pretty much the same. You are just getting old and recognize the patterns in most stories.