Is it just me or are a lot of movies nowadays boring as fukk?

Manny2828

Pro
Daps
I’ve been a big fan of movies since I was a kid literally the first movies I’ve ever watched was The Mummy and Scorpion King. I’ve basically have watched all of the classics in my teenage years. Everything you name it: Godfather, Scarface, Amadeus, The Thing etc. but for some reason I can not get into any recent movies at all. I completely drop them after like 10 minutes maybe even less. I tried watching the Gray Man on Netflix and I dropped that shyt in 3 minutes. I couldn’t even stay awake to watch Dune :francis:

I’m dead wondering if this is just me growing up or are movies becoming more shyttier

My Girl is Bow Legged

JUST DO IT LIKE
Daps
nah dune was good.

I feel like most movies are long for no reason now tho. godfather is a 3hr movie but it doesn't even feel like it because so much shyt is happening and it's tense and you get drawn in. the batman is almost the exact same runtime but I was bored as fukk watching it and near the end just wanted it to be over

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been a big fan of movies since I was a kid literally the first movies I’ve ever watched was The Mummy and Scorpion King. I’ve basically have watched all of the classics in my teenage years. Everything you name it: Godfather, Scarface, Amadeus, The Thing etc. but for some reason I can not get into any recent movies at all. I completely drop them after like 10 minutes maybe even less. I tried watching the Gray Man on Netflix and I dropped that shyt in 3 minutes. I couldn’t even stay awake to watch Dune :francis:

I’m dead wondering if this is just me growing up or are movies becoming more shyttier
Dune is a bad example for me. I loved that movie. You cant just drop a movie after 10 minutes. You have to give it more time
Idk if movies are getting shyttier, maybe they are (there can only be so many great plot ideas) they are getting dumber for sure.
I watched that last spiderman movie. I tried not to overthink it and just turn off my brain. I just couldnt do it ... i dont think i ve seen a plot be that stupid. Jesus Christ.

Pillmattic

Banned
Daps
shyt I was the same way 4 years ago started reading some books again best decision ever I mean Donald goines books so still action/street shyt but still a good decision regardless

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
You say this in the same year Top Gun: Maverick, The Batman, and Everything Everywhere All at Once drop?

wwe-hhh.gif

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Movies, especially for the price, are pretty trash nowadays. Hollywood is very attached to old models of storytelling. When art becomes so commodified it’s hard to be innovative. The investors are more important than the artist.

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
I felt that way for a while. I started off watching independent films. I make it a plan to hit at least 3 film fest across the country. I'm a movie buff so just seeing something sight unseen I'm okay with that. I don't go live about it. I just enjoy it for what it is.

Pillmattic

Banned
Daps
I felt that way for a while. I started off watching independent films. I make it a plan to hit at least 3 film fest across the country. I'm a movie buff so just seeing something sight unseen I'm okay with that. I don't go live about it. I just enjoy it for what it is.
This there be some really good student films out there too one of my boys would just find random shyt and show me stuff on YouTube or random old movies that would be on vhs out of print he had a vcr that still worked

Jcotton1

All Star
Bushed
Daps
This there be some really good student films out there too one of my boys would just find random shyt and show me stuff on YouTube or random old movies that would be on vhs out of print he had a vcr that still worked

It's a safer alternative versus the trips these dudes be bragging on about via tik rock and IG.

Daps
Watch more independent films. Mainstream Hollywood output is awful. Absent originality, most movies are unimaginative retreads of stories we’ve seen too many times to count starring white actors and actresses earning millions from studios that continue to ignore black talent. I’m all set with spending my time and money on that bullshyt.

:francis:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
It’s cuz Hollywood only green lights coming of age movies about some young cacs growing up in New York City or the Midwest, movies featuring some young female cac trying to make it in New York City, or some movie about cacs in the 1800’s. Hollywood directors love churning out this same crap over n over again and then have the nerve to say Marvel movies are “repetitive” or when a good black movie comes out with an original different take on a subject “Uhhhh, I don’t get it.”

Jay Kast

Hidden Royalty
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
It's because the nature of media these days caters to and develops the short attention span.

Do you watch a lot of tiktok videos? YouTube videos?

Younger folk often have a hard time sitting down an enjoying an hour plus movie because they've been conditioned to seek the payoff instantly rather than engaging in a plot that only pays off at the end of two and a half hours. The brain loses interest.

That's my theory.