Is it inevitable that a man progresses into more or less an a$$hole?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It just seems like a natural progression many guys go through. I'm not even talking them doing it in the sense of just to get women more than I mean nice and kind people just ended up getting hardened by life to the pot that they just stop caring as much. The more willing you are to look out and please others the more willing they are to take advantage of you.

I'm not saying all guys become full blown asses but eventually many guys adopt a more a$$hole line of thinking if for nothing else to protect themselves.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I would say they become less naive and tolerant of nonsense. You don't have to adopt a 'jerk' personality and treat people like trash as you get older. That's just a personal choice... but you simply learn what to and what not to go for due to experience. Me cutting off a 'friend' that attempts to use me I wouldn't classify as mean behavior or cutting off a woman that flakes. That doesn't make you mean. That just means you are more willing to uphold and maintain your self-respect.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its not far fetched, As we get older we learn what we want and how to get it. Its not so much being an a$$hole but less naive having tolerance for bs.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I keep finding myself coming back to these phrases for every sob story I hear "Look that's not my problem." "I don't really care." "Deal with your own shyt its your fault you're in this situation and you're an adult so take responsibility for yourself and get yourself out."

I'm talking about saying these things to people in situations I could easily step in and solve.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes you simply have to tell them to step it up. That's not really no jerk type behavior. If the person keeps on enaging in the SAME behavior and yet keeps on bringing you the same ol' sob story to listen to, you're doing them and yourself a favor by telling them to step it up. Like you might have some girl that loves to complain about her man, and you're just loving your day, but she comes around with those complaints and it starts dampening your day, there's nothing wrong with saying, "Say babygirl you complain about that negro all the time, but you continue to deal with him. You willingly choose to be in that situation and all these complaints are dampening my mood. I'm not trying to hear about a problem you could easily solve and choose not to. You're doing me and yourself a disservice by not handling your business. Either address him or cut him out of your life if he doesn't change. With that said I don't want to hear any more about that situation until you chose to do so."

You got a homeboy that keeps crying over some female, sometimes you got to tell him teh same thing. "Man why you over here investing all your energy into a woman that ain't concerned about you? You only got so much life to live, so invest in positivity. Invest in a woman that actually treats you right... I don't want to hear about ol girl anymore."

It's not really your perogative to solve another grown-ups problems, especially if they choose not to solve it.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
It just seems like a natural progression many guys go through. I'm not even talking them doing it in the sense of just to get women more than I mean nice and kind people just ended up getting hardened by life to the pot that they just stop caring as much. The more willing you are to look out and please others the more willing they are to take advantage of you.

I'm not saying all guys become full blown asses but eventually many guys adopt a more a$$hole line of thinking if for nothing else to protect themselves.

Yeah I have a very nonchalant attitude towards life. Almost like I can see through b/s

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'm becoming one right now. :jawalrus:

Mainly in my thinking tho and approach to things. I wouldn't treat anyone on the street any different, I'm still nice...but in my mind, I'm becoming a cocky a-hole. :smugdraper:

Nice guys really do finish last 99% of the time.

Like I said in another thread I made, look at other male species of animals and how they act. They dont act timid and meek in the midst of their peers and females.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I think it is just going through the various trials and tribulations that life brings breh :yeshrug: you go through being told to be nice to others and specifically women, and then when you get shytted on you learn that you should naturally be a lot more cautious and suspicious - hell even cold. Just comes with going through your own experiences :jawalrus:

Some people are just naturally a$$holes though so for them it's easier :russ: But some brehs never learn :to:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Society tells you to be nice to woman but life experience will often show you to be the opposite and that the majority of women don't deserve your kindness. It's a sad transition for me because I'm a nice guy but I've been fukked over one too many times.