Is it fair to say 2K is ruining gaming (enter to learn why bitc#es)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I became a 2k fan back in 1999, saw NFL 2k at a toys r us and fell in love.

2k1 is due to come out and im so excited for online sports that I emailed Sega and asked to participate because I knew they had to test the network nationwide but only did testing locally (California...I looked it up) they dug my pitch and from then on thru out its run on dreamcast I was an unofficial beta tester for all 2k sports.
I was really motivated, really thought out what i wanted to convey, and in doing so is why they kept sending games. But what i noticed was how everything i suggested was being used. Im talking everything. To the point, I deserve credit for what 2k evolved into. My whole thing was immersion, I dissected how they was doing it wrong and what they needed to do. All the easy down to the ESPN implementation, shyt I was saying to them in 2000 and 01.

Anyways, dreamcast dies, Sega sells 2k to rockstar which is gta people's, and I never hear from 2k again. I also notice 2k stops evolving like if one of their creators isn't there anymore. 2k11 is what 2k6 should have been which is why it had a reference that year but has since been the same game or worse. And today it's a pay to play experience for the most part with no signs of real innovation. They have too much riding on shyt like esports so NBA 2k will not change until it's forced to. So fukk that game, fukk that genre...

WWE2k, same formula, crank out the same game every year. How is this acceptable? And what happened to competing titles?

That's two sports genres 2k has destroyed, is it fair to say 2k is literally ruining gaming or nah?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's insane that people buy that game annually.

There's no real progress that can happen with a sports game in that cycle.

I've been saying that the experience would be better if they did releases every 2 years or so, and continued to update the game. But they have no incentive to do so with everybody buying the game as it's currently constructed.

All these shooters literally have multiple year plans, with continuous content flowing, Seasons and Resets... Yet sports games don't do any of it

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
It's insane that people buy that game annually.

There's no real progress that can happen with a sports game in that cycle.

I've been saying that the experience would be better if they did releases every 2 years or so, and continued to update the game. But they have no incentive to do so with everybody buying the game as it's currently constructed.

All these shooters literally have multiple year plans, with continuous content flowing, Seasons and Resets... Yet sports games don't do any of it

I don't think 2k has a choice. I think they are contractually obligated to release an NBA game every year because of the NBA. They can't take a year off.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think 2k has a choice. I think they are contractually obligated to release an NBA game every year because of the NBA. They can't take a year off.
Yeah, I hear that. They would have to come up with a plan that the NBA would buy into that would make comparable or more money than they currently are.

Their model is literally the worst in gaming for gamers, but it doesn't even matter. It would be cool to see some innovation to their model and have them really utilize online and DLC like some of these other companies are doing to prolong the life of their games with the intent in making the base game as good and replayable as possible
:francis:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Yeah, I hear that. They would have to come up with a plan that the NBA would buy into that would make comparable or more money than they currently are.

Their model is literally the worst in gaming for gamers, but it doesn't even matter. It would be cool to see some innovation to their model and have them really utilize online and DLC like some of these other companies are doing to prolong the life of their games with the intent in making the base game as good and replayable as possible
:francis:

They should think about splitting the mycareer/myteam crowd from the mygm/myleague crowd. Go with a subscription model and just call it NBA2k. Let the players choose what type of game they want to play.

Only bad thing about a subscription model would be the company going way overboard with the microtransactions and overpricing content. PC version might be the better version if they setup dedicated servers for online play.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
They should think about splitting the mycareer/myteam crowd from the mygm/myleague crowd. Go with a subscription model and just call it NBA2k. Let the players choose what type of game they want to play.

Only bad thing about a subscription model would be the company going way overboard with the microtransactions and overpricing content. PC version might be the better version if they setup dedicated servers for online play.
Every xbox game has free access to dedicated servers, most use them. 2k to my understanding had their own servers but I don't know if that's still the case. I hear the online team up is still trash so I'm guessing not

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Every xbox game has free access to dedicated servers, most use them. 2k to my understanding had their own servers but I don't know if that's still the case. I hear the online team up is still trash so I'm guessing not

NBA2k online for PC is like the wild west. At least for the myplayer stuff. Way too many cheaters.