Is Insomniac the new #1 PlayStation studio?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:francis:

Hype got mfs going crazy. Insomniac is a solid studio but comparing them to naughty dog because of fukking ratchet and clank & spiderman is borderline laughable.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I love Insominac but let’s wait until the games come out and we can judge them (Have a strong feeling Spidey 2 and Wolverine will be dope). We all know the next release from ND on PS5 will crazy. :wow:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I like God of War and Horizon better than Insomnica's recent output but I still would say yes, unlike the other studios that pump out 1 or 2 games a gen they are firing from all cylinders, already 2 games deep this gen and announced 2 more, and the quality is not sacrificed, their games are excellent and look amazing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We'll see how they do with a AAA budget from Microsoft backing them but just off Psychonauts 2 I would expect them to be in the upper tier of industry developers now.

They actually said they aren’t looking to do bigger budget games in the future. They want to do smaller, different (genre)games more often

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Spiderman is still their only must-have, and that's cause it's fukking spiderman.

These games ain't coming out no time soon.

We acting like lou2 came out years ago. shyt was last year.

Naughty dog up there with Rockstar and shyt.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I like insomniac. But I like their original ideas better. Spiderman was too safe.

Wolverine always been one of my favorite superhero’s so I’m excited to see what they do.
That's been my main complaint. They take very little risks.

Marvel gave them any hero and the went the easy route. Then they're the only first party developer still on their ps2 games, make some new shyt.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's been my main complaint. They take very little risks.

Marvel gave them any hero and the went the easy route. Then they're the only first party developer still on their ps2 games, make some new shyt.

Having a marvel IP isn’t a slam dunk. There are very few actual successful marvel games outside of spider-man. Do yall not remember marvel vs capcom infinite or avengers?

Marvel IP is only safe in the hands of insomniac at this point

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Having a marvel IP isn’t a slam dunk. There are very few actual successful marvel games outside of spider-man. Do yall not remember marvel vs capcom infinite or avengers?

Marvel IP is only safe in the hands of insomniac at this point
I'm saying choosing spiderman was the safe route.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But if they got the avengers game and that turned out as good as spider-man yall would say that was safe also
That Avengers game had conceptual issues most people called out before it even released. Even a good developer can't save a stupid idea. Avengers should be a looter game.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
But if they got the avengers game and that turned out as good as spider-man yall would say that was safe also
When has there ever been an avengers game?
full

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y'all got to chill...they at the table but don't have the crown yet.

until naughty dog come out of hiding, i gotta give it to insomniac right now. It's like in NBA when someone nursing an injury for the entire season and someone comes off the bench and carries them to the final round of the playoffs. Like, they might not be tbetter than the star player, but right now they the MVP :yeshrug:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From the standpoint of putting out quality releases consistently, yes they are. I’m not sure how big their studio is, but it feels like they do more with less. One of the best purchases from Sony.