Is getting a "W" on your College transcript bad?

YBE

Banned
Daps
I got hella W's on my transcript. I dropped a class any time it was gonna mess with my GPA. I graduated with honors and got a good job.

Truth be told, employers probably don't care about it and once you're in the door you're good. As for transferring between schools, yeah they might care. but as long as you have an excuse.. fukk it. Remember it won't appear on your new school's transcript once you're in their as well.

Same. If i had the slightest inclination my GPA would take a hit, class got the :rudy:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If you withdraw, you are straight, because it's usually for valid reasons like medical, death in the family, or you withdrew in the first few weeks before the deadline. If you are WITHDRAWN for shyt like missing too many classes or having no chance to pass, it will count as an F on your GPA and you will owe back any financial aid you got for those classes

2 semester ago, I had to withdraw because I broke my foot and had to have surgery. That shyt happened right after I got that young financial check. I got to keep it because it was a medical withdrawal, and you are not penalized for that :takedat:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'd say don't get more than 1. 2 as a MAX and both should not be in your major.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I got hella W's on my transcript. I dropped a class any time it was gonna mess with my GPA. I graduated with honors and got a good job.

Truth be told, employers probably don't care about it and once you're in the door you're good. As for transferring between schools, yeah they might care. but as long as you have an excuse.. fukk it. Remember it won't appear on your new school's transcript once you're in their as well.

Damn man, i was just honored to graduate.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
shyt in texas in 2007 they Implemented a 6 drop rule.

Your only allowed to drop 6 college classes in your whole undergraduate career.
So if you transfer to any other school within the state private or not you still keep your drops from the previous schools.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Better than an F, I had an F on my transcript and thats the first thing my supervisor saw when she looked at it lol, I was just there like :damn: u couldn't have seen all the As and Bs 1st? Oh well :yeshrug:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
Depends on the college.

If you decide to take the course over the W is taken off of your transcript and replaced with a grade.