Is Face ID the future?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Or just a gimmick? :patrice:

Is it really more secure? What convinced Apple that a fingerprint wasn't good enough?

I know there is people that's just gonna buy it because it's the latest and greatest, but I'm not convinced the X is better than the 8 Plus honestly :yeshrug:
It's the future. If Apple does something major all the other companies fall in line. It's why we have fingerprint scanners on phones now because Apple made it mainstream. It's why phones are dropping headphone jacks for no justifiable reason.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Gimmick like that 3D touch.

shyt was pointless on the 6S, more of an annoyance than anything.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Yes.

Android manufacturers will now invest 3D facial technology, as opposed to using the conventional easily bypassed 2D one we've seen.

And in regards to TouchID in the display, Apple decided long ago FaceID was the way forward according to Grubers Apple engineer connects.

Apple made this decision well over a year ago. Perhaps the fundamental goal of iPhone X was to get as close as they could to an edge-to-edge display. No chin whatsoever. There were, of course, early attempts to embed a Touch ID sensor under the display as a Plan B. But Apple became convinced that Face ID was the way to go over a year ago. I heard this yesterday from multiple people at Apple, including engineers who’ve been working on the iPhone X project for a very long time. They stopped pursuing Touch ID under the display not because they couldn’t do it, but because they decided they didn’t need it. I do believe it’s true that they never got Touch ID working, but that’s because they abandoned it in favor of Face ID early.

I don’t know why recent supply chain rumors suggest Apple was scrambling to get Touch ID working on iPhone X as late as this summer, and no one at Apple seems to know either. Disinformation campaign from competitors?

Thoughts and Observations on the Products Announced at This Week’s iPhone X Introductory Event

Its gone.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apple won't double back on this. It's like the headphone jack. Now that it's gone it's gone and won't come back.

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL