Is Euphoria a good show?

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Euphoria since season one is one of my favorite and most anticipated shows on television. It`s not for everybody though. I watch it with other people. I highly recommend you watch with someone/group of people, your girl or something. It`d 100% be more enjoyable that way. It`s one of those type of shows that have the watchers wanting to discuss with each other how they think characters are feeling towards other characters. Because those feelings usually will buildup, and lead to an action that will either be a payoff, or fukk things up.

And yeah they`re in high school but school has basically nothing to do with the show. Most of them just go to the same school, and talk in the hallways, and what not (honestly they could have made them all college students). The show is really about what`s going on outside of school. The characters, how they feel, their emotions, what`s their relationship with other characters. The drama, the dark shyt these teens go through in their sorrowful lives, and their struggles with harsh/touchy subject matters (acceptance, temptation, vices, bullying etc) that sometimes are out of their control. The narration is great to. It give perspective from even the characters you may hate.

Degrassi is Nick Jr compared to Euphoria. Euphoria can be artsy, and exaggerated at times but it`s still great.

Basically it`s "My life was never easy" the show lol.There`s some lighthearted, and funny moments as well but the show is mostly hopeless, and serious.

Last edited:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not a bad show but it was just too unrealistic for a show that’s supposed to display “realism” in a surreal way. It’s extremely melodramatic and every episode you’re getting unexpected dikks flashed in your face. I get why they do it but the show truly makes a point of doing it every episode and that parts weird to me. Other HBO shows might have shown some tities in sex scenes a few episodes a season but not EVERY episode, shyts bizarre to be to fair I’ve only watched up to episode 5 of the first season. I asked the exact same question OP just a few weeks ago when season two started.

Also, I don’t really CARE about any of the characters. All seem fukked up and whiny and none are really likeable. I can imagine the show going completely off the rails by season three just the way everything is unfolding…: it’s just “too” much and overly exaggerated. I will say the music selection and the way it’s mixed in is dope and there’s some absolutely gorgeous cinematography. The show is shot beautifully on film and is lovely to look at. It is a polarizing show worth checking out to judge on your own.

Now Succession on the other hand :wow:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Compared to other good shows? I don’t think so, but it’s entertaining and it’s shot well. They do a job with character building by giving some backstory on everyone. But at the end of the day it’s basically just teens having sex and doing drugs. There isn’t really anything groundbreaking about it

Pretty much this. Take away the production value and the actual plot of the show is thin...If you never watched an episode I don't really think you'd miss out on anything.

The show isn't like 'Insecure' which could be considered one of the prominent black TV shows with relevant social commentary for the Black millennial in the late 2010s/early 2020s.

Last edited:

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
Browsed through a little of Season 1 and realized…this show wasn’t meant for me. I could appreciate Zendaya’s acting performance, but this YA stuff…edgy as it is…is just too annoying and over the top for me. Seems like everybody is either gay, drugs addicted, repressed, or all of the above. I agree with others in that the cinematography is impressive and some of the acting performances are good, but not must see TV for me.

Kinda like an R-Rated CW show shot with an HBO budget.