Is Drake the first mainstream rapper to never drop a true masterpiece?

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Consensus among critics was a 7

people thought it was decent at best

It was mostly a thing about Drake fans tbh

Must be some internet shyt cuz in real life that shyt was considered elite. Maybe not a undebatable classic but I never heard anybody say this was less than a 8-9

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
The whole YMCMB crew :yeshrug:

You don't even see Wayne albums on all time lists anymore. Same shyt will happen to Drake in a few years...right now you only see Take Care being mentionned at the bottom of these lists and the explanation them publications give you is that "he's hot right now so he must have an album on the list".
:mjlol:

You already know it's a charity placement since his peers have multiple albums being acclaimed
i think carter 3 is widely regarded as a classic

derro13

All Star
Daps
Must be some internet shyt cuz in real life that shyt was considered elite. Maybe not a undebatable classic but I never heard anybody say this was less than a 8-9
I've never heard anybody say it was anything more than a 7, maybe by people that really don't care about music.

But all the people that care about music, the critics, the artists, those who are music nerds, those who are passionnate about music, I've never heard any of them claim Take Care was great.

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know if he's the only one, but he for sure doesn't have any great record.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
This is a crazy statement. The majority of mainstream rappers within the genre's history don't have classics (classics by critics and the public not me)

And that's including legends like LL, Busta, hell Wayne's best works are mixtapes

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can easily see the big publication reviews on this album on Wikipedia

And the consensus wasn’t 7 :mjlol: ..the lowest review of those listed is like a 7.2 :dead: .

K bots stay cappin
He got a bunch of 50 and 60 on metacritic.

A lot of the reviews listed on Wikipedia are not taken into consideration when discussing the critical reception of an album.