Is country music taking over as the top genre over rap?

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps

This the biggest hit of 2024. Cac Malone went country and got one of biggest hits wit a country artist. Top of charts a lot of country artists if you look at Billboard top 25 little more than half country songs. Morgan Wallen got a few in top 25, Zach Bryan, Post Malone got another country hit, Kane Brown nikkas like Moneybagg Yo featurin on country joints :mjtf:

Aubrey and Kendrick beef had rap fightin back on top but that has died out. Do label execs know this is a turnin point? Beyonce randomly went country and had one of the biggest songs. Aubrey moved to Texas randomly and started wearin cowboy shyt. There a shift happenin IMO people are finally tired of the same repetitive trap rap autotune clones

ReasonableMatic

Daps
image-asset.jpeg

:sas2::sas2::sas2::sas2:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I don't know how when I'm hearing more and more country trap songs. I swear to God when I'm in fast food joints playing country radio, I'm hearing country singers sing over trap beats than I've ever heard before. shyt is crazy. I didn't even know it was a thing.

This...

The times I do hear what's on the radio, it's basically country singers over trap style beats or at least the drums, sometimes with a country style guitar over the top and Morgan Wallen or someone redneck crooning. I have NEVER been a fan of the radio and I don't particularly care if Hip Hop isn't the biggest genre either. I was listening when it wasn't anywhere near it back in the day and I'll continue in the future as long as I can find dope artists.

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
This...

The times I do hear what's on the radio, it's basically country singers over trap style beats or at least the drums, sometimes with a country style guitar over the top and Morgan Wallen or someone redneck crooning. I have NEVER been a fan of the radio and I don't particularly care if Hip Hop isn't the biggest genre either. I was listening when it wasn't anywhere near it back in the day and I'll continue in the future as long as I can find dope artists.
And if you go out
They still playing rap songs From 2018

nothing from the last few years

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just want actual song writing to rule the charts again.

You ever look at the nominees for album of song of the year back in the 80's? There was never anything formulaic on the list. You could have Van Halen vs Stevie vs Billy Joel vs Cameo or some shyt. And it was all different and dope

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
I honestly blame the record labels and what they push to the top and market. There is plenty of great Hip Hop artist that deserve more recognition and mainstream coverage, but they choose to promote bullshyt microwave music. 90% of the top rap songs nowadays is just sum shytty trap music, very few lyrics or anything of substance, just turn up music.

There is little difference between each song as well, and once you heard one of them you heard them all.

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
I honestly blame the record labels and what they push to the top and market.
It’s not a small factor that one of these two genres routinely has top stars get killed, die of drug overdoses and go to jail.
It’s very expensive and offers no guarantee of success to break an artist and country stars are a much safer investment.