Is Brad Stevens the greatest basketball mind since Jerry West and Pat Riley?

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I mean any team with two youthful real all NBA wings should win a chip.

If that was the case Kawhi and PG shoulda been won 1. The last All NBA win duo to wing a ring was LeBron and DWade... A decade ago. Who was before them? MJ and Pippen? It's hardly common.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hot take threads aren't fun when Boston's got the gun
tenor.gif

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ainge opened the window.

It was inevitable that the C’s would eventually hit the sweet spot and win it all.

I do think Brad is the glue to all of this. Folks blame him for not winning sooner which is dumb. The team was over performing (much like OKC) and doubters wanted to blow it up or make radical moves. Without Brad in the coach/gm chair I’m not sure they have the same consistency of leadership.

Red Money

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Mark Cuban figured out stuff as the owner and the Real GM spot on par with Brad Stevens.

Pop went from executive to coach and figured it out on both levels. And did both successfully at same time.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Too early to compare him with all time greats but removing Smart and adding Jrue is what put this team over the top.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Presti took KD, Westbrook and Harden in three consecutive drafts. :what:

Mavs got Luka and Brunson in the same draft. :unimpressed:

Ever heard of Stockton and Malone? :unimpressed:

I'm disgusted at the thought, but assuming Draymond makes it, him and Klay would be another pair. :unimpressed:

Rockets drafted Sampson and Dream in consecutive drafts.

This was the Ainge era: "The Celtics are interested in ________."

"They have a treasure trove of draft assets to trade for anybody in the league."

Then nothing happened. :unimpressed:

Stevens took over and all of those rumors stopped. They just started actually executing trades and now they won a title.

Like I said, terrible fukking posting. :unimpressed:
Pistons with Dumars and Rodman. Golden State with Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway. Should've been a second time with Webber and Spreewell. Magic should've had it with Shaq and Penny. Raptors with McGrady/Carter. It's actually happened a lot over the years lol.