Is Aliens 1986 the best out of the franchise?

What was the best Alien film out of the franchise?

• Alien

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Aliens

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Aliens 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien Resurrection

• Alien vs. Predator

• Aliens vs. Predator

• Requiem

• Prometheus

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Alien: Covenant

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Yeah it was some T2 shyt.

Alien is mega classic, changed the game. Which is the hallmark of classic material. Their DNA weaves into the zeitgeist into the future. That's actually the meaning and importance of classics. Game changers.

But Aliens just hit like a bomb. It was so ill. And much of what Aliens and Ripley brought to cinema went on to become standard in sci fi and action.

I wanna say Sarah Connor in T2 is in this vein. Need to Google the dates but fukc it. No Google. Hunger Games. Reeeeeeyyyy from "Star Wars". Tomb Raider. Fury Road.

Bad ass woman that's just mad ill with it. Not really even centered on her being female, but acknowledging her womanhood. Then she rips shop like a boss and stays ready.

Edit: Rey is definitely OD OP out of nowhere, but she was "just as nice" as the male force users that had been the focal point up til her. They went too far by making her just wake up one day with the soul glow.

Ripley was the ultimate badass, all the Marines dead or MIA, surrogate daughter taken down to the hive, she heads down their solo on some..."Somebody's gotta die, if I go...you got to go" shyt...

Alien/Predator often had balanced gender roles and if you were a man, woman, or droid, no one was really safe and you had to put in work to survive...

Lexa Woods in AvP was believable

Ripley, Vasquez, Ferro were believable in Aliens

Isabelle in Predators rocked it

Shaw in Prometheus was on demon-xeno time...

Science Fiction often was ahead of its time with gender equality with Alien and Pred being at the front of it...

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This was decent, but they need to shoot the film based on the source material they used.

I'll have to go back and check this out, I didn't know it had source material. To be fair it was 2004 and comics weren't treated with the same level of care they are now.

Still - I wish Sanaa got to continue in that role or something similar. Preferably something wholly original.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I'll have to go back and check this out, I didn't know it had source material. To be fair it was 2004 and comics weren't treated with the same level of care they are now.

Still - I wish Sanaa got to continue in that role or something similar. Preferably something wholly original.

Prey went this direction, I think if they went with the source material at the time, it'd be deemed "Kill Bill w/Predators"...

Prey worked as well for the Pred franchise...

Resurrection wasn't horrible but unnecessary, Weaver got greedy. That was a point where they could have done an AvP film with Colonial Marines too but dropped it after Rez tanked..

Prometheus and Covenant dropped the ball, lots of great ideas but fell apart in the 3rd act...

Superstar
Daps
Alien will always be my personal favorite but I think Aliens was definitely the biggest of the franchise and most enjoyable by most people. Everything after 3 was a waste though, most of it was just trying to cash in on the name. I’m still mad at Ridley over Prometheus and covenant too. He should have let Neil handle that cause both films were trying to do too much without doing enough.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Ripley was the ultimate badass, all the Marines dead or MIA, surrogate daughter taken down to the hive, she heads down their solo on some..."Somebody's gotta die, if I go...you got to go" shyt...

Alien/Predator often had balanced gender roles and if you were a man, woman, or droid, no one was really safe and you had to put in work to survive...

Lexa Woods in AvP was believable

Ripley, Vasquez, Ferro were believable in Aliens

Isabelle in Predators rocked it

Shaw in Prometheus was on demon-xeno time...

Science Fiction often was ahead of its time with gender equality with Alien and Pred being at the front of it...
That's a great breakdown. This series was really forward, and not in a way that was blatant. Predators was great btw.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Alien vs Predator, Idris in Prometheus, The Rock in Doom, After Earth - not all successful but we gotta keep pushing for those particular movies and leading roles.

Why couldn't Tyler Perry have been a nerd, dammit. :snoop:
They shoot TWD in his studio
:manny:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Alien vs Predator isn't that bad actually and would probably receive better support if released today. Sanaa Lathan was really good in her role. I wish she got to do more of it.

f93ffc0e5b76c35f85c85739bafcb6f4.png

:wow: Looking like Samus from Metroid.
AVP was underrated :wow::wow:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I still prefer Alien but it's a matter of preference.. I like the slow build and the scary ass Sci-Fi elements of it but you can't go wrong with either film

If someone believes Alien is better than Aliens...it's all love to me because there isn't a wrong or right answer, both are winners.

Definitely my favorite franchise...

I think AvP got pushback due to the PG-13 rating demanded by Fox(which never happened at that point for 6 total Alien and Predator movies at the time), along with a reduced cut time gave it bad word of mouth.

They also tried to get Arnie or Danny back but the deals fell through.