Is a 2ds worth buying for a 6 year old?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Thinking about getting one for my son for Christmas.

Is the 2DS a bad system?

I don't think he really needs 3D, and he will probably just break the damn thing anyway.

That 2DS price looking good.

So should I save the money or is the 3DS worth the extra money?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
You're son gonna be like

"I can already tell this ain't 3D :pacspit:"
giphy.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Is the 2DS a bad system?

I don't think he really needs 3D, and he will probably just break the damn thing anyway.

Of course it is.
3D on the new 3DS is better than it was on the OG but honestly the novelty of it wears off.
I enjoy it but can easily do without it.
Plus I had heard that the 3D screws with children's vision anyway.
Give little man the 2DS. Its a good gift idea.
Make sure you get him the 3D mario game (Even though itll be 2d) and Super Smash Bros.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Of course it is.
3D on the new 3DS is better than it was on the OG but honestly the novelty of it wears off.
I enjoy it but can easily do without it.
Plus I had heard that the 3D screws with children's vision anyway.
Give little man the 2DS. Its a good gift idea.
Make sure you get him the 3D mario game (Even though itll be 2d) and Super Smash Bros.
Good looking:salute:

I was just making sure it wasn't a "bad" system like missing features or unreliable, or something like that.

As long as it's a quality system and can play all the games, Its all good.

Do you know if he can get apps like Netflix or YouTube on it?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Good looking:salute:

I was just making sure it wasn't a "bad" system like missing features or unreliable, or something like that.

As long as it's a quality system and can play all the games, Its all good.

Do you know if he can get apps like Netflix or YouTube on it?
Yeah. Youtube, Netflix, and Hulu.
Make an account on netflix for little man if you haven't yet. I made one for the kids that only displays kids stuff in the searches and home screen. It does everything the 3DS does with the only exception being the lack of 3D.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Definitely gotta co-sign @Kamikaze Revy telling you to get Super Mario 3D Land. It is a great game. The Zelda game is good too (shyt, even the remakes are good as well).

My niece is around 6 (or maybe 7 [I'm a bad uncle :yeshrug:]) and she plays her 3DS and Wii U just fine.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I wouldn't, he's probably going to lose it or have someone strong arm it from him :birdman:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
If you have multiple kids, get them a Wii U. There are so many great kids games for that system. I gave my 3 nieces and nephews Mario Party and they loved it. Plus you can play most of the cool games in 1-4 player mode.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If you have multiple kids, get them a Wii U. There are so many great kids games for that system. I gave my 3 nieces and nephews Mario Party and they loved it. Plus you can play most of the cool games in 1-4 player mode.
I was thinking about this. But they still want $200 for them shyts:martin:

And the Nintendo Switch is coming out. Might as well wait for that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I was thinking about this. But they still want $200 for them shyts:martin:

And the Nintendo Switch is coming out. Might as well wait for that.
Yeah, that's true, but your kids won't know the difference (if they're all under 8 years old at least). The Wii U is the most family friendly system out. You'll have a great time playing the classics with your kids, or having your kids play them together. You might be able to find a refurb one or a cheaper one on ebay/craigslist.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Is the 2DS a bad system?

As usual, let me save the say here :handshake: For the most part, Kamifugazee answered you. But the basis of his answer is still not totally geared towards your question. The biggest problem with asking for opinions around here is everything is biased. Everything is based on them. Most can't understand its not about them :francis:

When I ran a gaming website for a while, I had the mentality that I had to cater to the masses right. So if I reviewed something like say a kids game. I can't base how good that game is off of what I WANT from a game na mean. So, moving to your question.
Is a 2DS good enough for a 6yr old. That's an insane question my man. You're a gamer, you know Nintendo's track record. Is the 3DS worth it over the 2DS? No, 3D is for the most part, a fad :francis:

You also said he would most likely break it, that is a guarantee for kids bruh. A 6yr old will love his gaming system be it 3ds, 2ds :hula: 1DS
A 6yr old could give a fukk about youtube/netflix/3D/framerate/resolution/system sales/etc.
Sure, anyone "could" make use of that stuff. But its not a deal breaker. A 6yr old would be content playing the same bullshyt game for 6months. Usually, its some kind of racing game. Go Vacation (an open world racer/explore type game) for some reason is CRACK to children.

Find out what genres he's into and you :win: If you need a list of games that KIDS like, I'll (or hopefully all of us) can drum up a list for you. I'm getting ready for work, will be back later...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just cop em a ps4.

Nah just cop a 2DS. It's cheap and saves money.

The Switch is right around the corner too.

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
save that bread and cop the 2ds, it's a great system...can play all the 1ds and 3ds games, it just doesnt have 3d....which is cool, cause at that age, 3d isnt good for their eyes...also, the notion of it wears off quickly....

my 5 year old godson has one and he loves it...the only thing he noticed about it that rubbed him the wrong way at first was that it didnt fold like the 1 or 3ds, but he got over that quickly when he started playing mario cart 7....right now he playing zelda, the mask one...