IOS 11 is a fukking scam! Do not download!

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
I’m on the 7

My Apple Music app keeps crashing since the update. It’s frustrating as fukk because I rely on music to get me home after 12 hrs of work overnight. I’m about to go back to iOS 10 .

Daps
Reppin
St louis
my shyt is A1
:whoo:

wat6rr.jpg

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
iPhone 7+

shyt is taking up too much memory. Has to restart my apps every time I switch back and forth between them.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
iPhone 7+

shyt is taking up too much memory. Has to restart my apps every time I switch back and forth between them.
That would piss me off. Main reason I was so happy to get rid of that vanilla 6. Look like I may need to hold off on that 7...

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I have an old iPhone 6. It was killing my battery until I turned the location services back off, I kept them on before the update. My iPhone 6 battery is way better than my Note 5's battery and once I updated it was just as bad. Luckily that fixed it. The smoothness of the phone isn't as good anymore, things hesitate and stick....apple either needs to make a revision or they are saying, we gotchan, now you need to UPGRADE :mjgrin:

Joke is on them tho, I'll deebo an iPhone 7 from a coworker once people get rid of it for the X like I did this one :myman:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I’m on the 7

My Apple Music app keeps crashing since the update. It’s frustrating as fukk because I rely on music to get me home after 12 hrs of work overnight. I’m about to go back to iOS 10 .
:usure:

Apple stopped signing the iOS 10 ipsw early and anybody on iOS 11 is stuck on it :to:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Apple Doesn't Deliberately Slow Down Older Devices According to Benchmark Analysis

Benchmarking company Futuremark recently set out to debunk long-running speculation that Apple intentionally slows down older iPhones when it releases new software updates as a way to encourage its customers to buy new devices.
The higher the bar, the better the performance, and based on the testing, GPU performance on the iPhone 5s has remained constant from iOS 9 to iOS 11 with just minor variations that Futuremark says "fall well within normal levels." .....

CPU performance across those three devices has dropped slightly, something Futuremark attributes to "minor iOS updates or other factors." "A user would be unlikely to notice this small difference in everyday use," says the site. Based on its benchmarking comparisons, Futuremark claims "there are no signs of a conspiracy."
See link for charts

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I got a ipad air 2 on 9.2.1, which I have no intention of updating because i'll lose my jailbreak and I also have a non-jailbroken ipad air on 10.1.1 which keeps nagging me to update but it works fine as is. I have no complaints about my their battery life. I'm not worried about security because the ipad i use to make purchases never leaves my network and is password protected. I'm not a ios fanatic, so i i'm not looking to update every time they release one.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say its a scam but its obvious that the new OS has been modified to be more up to speed with the latest devices and harm the older devices.

The draw speed on the images has obviously been upped. As a result, when I scroll through things its much smoother. The problem is that its one of the things that leads to battery drain.

I'm sure there is other under the hood stuff they have changed that are more geared towards newer devices that are killing my 6s battery.