Intel CPU kernel bug FAQ: Fix for massive security flaw could slow down PCs and Macs

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
I thought my Core 2 Duo E8400 aka old faithful(7yrs of straight abuse & Still working) was about die:scust:

That shyt is mad slower...

Daps

I meant if this flaw affects computers 10+ years old( think I read up to 30 yrs somewhere ). I may have to go back and read up on it , but this wasn’t discovered until November of last year and it wasn’t until researchers found out about this then they decided to go public about it.

Either way this shyt is a pain in the ***.

Intel been giving all your intel for years lol doesn’t surprise me. shyt is probably secretly mining :russ:

Theres no proof, but yea everyone is saying that Meltdown and Spectre are the NSA backdoors that got alot of attention a few years back
Expert Says NSA Have Backdoors Built Into Intel And AMD Processors | eTeknix

In an interesting story covered by the Australian Financial Review it is revealed that experts think the NSA has hardware level backdoors built into Intel and AMD processors. Steve Blank, recognised as one of Silicon Valleys leading experts, says that he would be extremely surprised if the American NSA does not have backdoors built into Intel and AMD chips. His reason is that the NSA finds “hacking” through backdoors significantly more simple than trying to crack encryption. For example trying to crack AES 256 bit encryption would require the power of 10 million suns to crack at the current TDP of processors. Steve Blank therefore claims that because cracking encryption is so infeasible the NSA uses hardware level backdoors instead. Steve Blank said that these suspicions arose when he saw the NSA could access Microsoft emails in their pre-encryption state and so he knew there was another way in.

this article is 4 years old btw

:francis: