Installing Fallout 3 on PC with mods. What precautions should I take to not fukk up the code?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Funny thing i just finished building my machine and wanted to replay all the games i was playing on crippled hardware. I fired up fo3 with all the mods i couldn't get to work and the difference is night a day. Get the vortex installer because it automatically gives you suggestions on your load order. Just make sure you thoroughly read the instructions on nexus. Wound up having to uninstall and reinstall fo3 5x before i got everything to work.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Funny thing i just finished building my machine and wanted to replay all the games i was playing on crippled hardware. I fired up fo3 with all the mods i couldn't get to work and nan the difference is night a day. Get the vortex installer because it automatically gives you suggestions on your load order. Just make sure you thoroughly read the instructions on nexus. Wound up having to uninstall and reinstall fo3 5x before i got everything to work.
So Nexus is the only place you trust for mods? And would you recommend installing only a few of them or is it possible to install like 20 mods and not break the game?

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Nexus is the only place you trust for mods? And would you recommend installing only a few of them or is it possible to install like 20 mods and not break the game?
Im running about 20 plus mods. You just got to know basic things like you can't run gameplay mods like fwe and fook. Certian mods don't play well with them unless the creator makes an patch for it and or it doesn't mess with certain meshes.

Last edited:

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Easiest game I ever modded bruh..I know my way around shyt but I still struggle with shyt like mods when it comes to certain games..Fallout 3 Process was seamless..

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
get a mod manager or read and make sure place in correct folder.

if you uses anything that change the resolution make a copy of your fallout settings in your documents folder.