Install this Userscript/Addon to improve your browsing experience on TheColi... view more embeds.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
did you write the greasemonkey script or did you use chatGPT to do it?

i used chatGPT to throw together some Perl a while back and it was worthless. by the time i cleaned it up enough to actually run correctly i already realized a better solution

bnew

Veteran
Daps
did you write the greasemonkey script or did you use chatGPT to do it?

i used chatGPT to throw together some Perl a while back and it was worthless. by the time i cleaned it up enough to actually run correctly i already realized a better solution

i used LLama LLM by meta and deepseek coder, I started of with Llama 3 70b then updated recently with Llama-3.1-sonar-large-128k-chat.

I just realized the recent update is buggy in that it's no longer creating the x.com embeds/iframes or converting twitter.com links into iframes, none of the embed iframes are being created, so i'm testing scripts to see which one last worked and where a mistake was made.

edit
i just made a minor edit to the scipt and uncommented out this this line addMirrorLinks(document); which was at the very bottom, when i did a initial test in just one browser it created two sets of links. i realized 30 minutes later that because it the adding youtube mirrors code was originally part standalone userscript and i just copied and pasted to the end of my existing userscript, i never disabled the other userscript and incorrectly attributed the duplicate links to that one line. turns out I had uncommenting that one line effectively disabled the insertion of youtube mirror links.

i'm still troubleshooting the embed issue.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
@boogers @chiefdogg

i fixed the issue with the other embeds not working, link is updated on the first page and here.

might need to right-click reload bluesky embed/iframe if the height doesn't correct itself like it should.