Insomniac vs Bethesda purchase. Who got the better deal?

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
It's a wait and see. I think right now, today, Sony got the better deal. Bethesda has a ton of IP though and Microsoft will only make bank over the coming years. Though they may take a bit of a financial hit since since they're not limited to only two platforms. BUT, now they only have to worry about Xbox and PC. So hopefully this mitigates the bugs that are famous in the Fallout and Elder Scroll games. I think if they can do that, that will make people say holy shyt, and they'll do gang busters just from that.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Insomniac makes better games. Bestheda is probably going to bring them more dollars. But Fallout 76 was a fukking disaster, but they were losing quality before that.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
The top of your dumb as article admits they have no clue what they are talking about.:stopitslime:

No way around it Zenimax/Bethesda has been one of the top publishers for a while now.
Now it’s one of the top huh ? Lol

Nowhere did they say they didn’t know what they were talking about , as usual you tell a half-truth

It’s disgusting

You’re a part-time liar and I’m sick of it

I got more articles if you’d like to see brother

Daps
They paid 7B for ZeniMax, not just Bethesda.

Casual thread.

I'm saying; this is like comparing the 21st century Fox acquisition by Disney to... Lionsgate buying Artisan Entertainment. :heh: Pretty sure Skyrim alone has outsold and generated more revenue than Insomniac's entire catalogue over 27 years. And like you said that's not even accounting for ZeniMax's properties like iD, Arkane, etc.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Now it’s one of the top huh ? Lol

Nowhere did they say they didn’t know what they were talking about , as usual you tell a half-truth

It’s disgusting

You’re a part-time liar and I’m sick of it

I got more articles if you’d like to see brother
They said they don’t have complete numbers and have no way to know how much of each companies revenue was from actually publishing games.

Fallout/elder scrolls made ~$500 mil in one day. There’s very few publishers that can say they have multiple games doing those numbers.

Try again little buddy

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
They said they don’t have complete numbers and have no way to know how much of each companies revenue was from actually publishing games.

Fallout/elder scrolls made ~$500 mil in one day. There’s very few publishers that can say they have multiple games doing those numbers.

Try again little buddy

Most Successful Gaming Companies Today | Career Karma

Where is Bethesda on this list brother ? Not even in the honorable mentions :mjlol:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
You trying really hard I see.

that’s ok Sony stan buddy.

You don’t have to deal in reality:cheers:

You tried to make Bethesda among the elites and I'm not living in reality?

Ya bought a company who hasn't made a great game in over 10 years brother...

Well at least zenimax came with it and you have Doom

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony paid just over $200m dollars for Insomniac games whilst Microsoft paid $7.4bn for Bethesda. So far who do you think has the better deal?

Since Sony bought Insomniac, they’ve released Spider-Man remastered, Miles Morales and Ratxhet and Clank rift apart. All have gone on to be huge million dollar selling games and have made the PS5 a must get console.

Bethesda on the other hand haven’t released any games yet but Starfield will be huge and a system seller whilst Microsoft has added their extensive library on Gamepass which has boosted the service.

So overall which one do you think was the bette deal?
If you’re asking if I’d rather own Insomniac or ZeniMax I’d rather own ZeniMax. Just owning Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom alone is going to return crazy value over the long term.

I don’t think you can compare these purchases. It’s nowhere near the same scale.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If you’re asking if I’d rather own Insomniac or ZeniMax I’d rather own ZeniMax. Just owning Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and Doom alone is going to return crazy value over the long term.

I don’t think you can compare these purchases. It’s nowhere near the same scale.

you can’t compare them because they serve completely different purposes.

One is a studio and one is a major publisher and corporate entity.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Bethesda has more well known I.P like Elder scrolls and Doom.
Maybe if Insomniac is allowed to grow and have multiple teams that
can develop several games at the same time , it might be equal.