‘INFINITY POOL’ - A Film by Brandon Cronenberg | Official Trailer | Starring Alexander Skarsgård, Mia Goth [1/27]

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
fukk you Lootpack. Ill watch the movie, but fukk you.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
fukk you Lootpack. Ill watch the movie, but fukk you.
3DxB01P.jpg

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Was Possessor good?
Yeah, it’s pretty solid. Reminded me of a dark, cut-throat version of Inception with some of its concepts. Brandon takes up after his father well when it comes to showcasing body horror and surreal imagery, but the way the film handled its existential themes were what set it over the top for me.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got back. I really enjoyed this ride.
I give it 4/5 urns :mjgrin:

Brandon taking the baton from Pops with the body horror but seems to have maybe even better chops as a director :whoo:

How Mia Goth hot as hell with no eyebrows brehs?

That final scene with them all in the bus talking about what they're doing when they go home felt like a horror version of the last scene in The Graduate for some reason

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Any chance one of the Mods can merge the other Infinity Pool thread into this one? :jbhmm:

Just got back from it. Man this shyt is wild :whew: I legit enjoyed the movie

This has a vibe not unlike some of them psychedelic cult classics from the 70s. Man, you’re looking for some tripped out horror, this one got you

If “midnight movies” were still a thing this one would be a good modern pick :youngsabo:

Just got back. I really enjoyed this ride.
I give it 4/5 urns :mjgrin:

Brandon taking the baton from Pops with the body horror but seems to have maybe even better chops as a director :whoo:

How Mia Goth hot as hell with no eyebrows brehs?

That final scene with them all in the bus talking about what they're doing when they go home felt like a horror version of the last scene in The Graduate for some reason
I’m late on X/Pearl so this was my first Mia Goth performance. She’s hot definitely, but…

I would’ve been ready to whoop her ass at some point. Like I really waited for dude to be like, “Y’all need to quit fukkin with me, man! :why: And dude was straight:mjtf: on the back of that bus:mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I thought this was pretty good. I was kinda hoping it would dive even further into the sci-fi rabbit hole though. It introduced an interesting concept that I felt wandered away from towards the middle, but the ending wrapped things up nicely in a way that will stick with me for a while. Possessor is still my favorite from Brandon and while the plot in that film is tighter, it never really offered much laughs at all. The class-conscious commentary and dark comedy here made this one an enjoyable watch in spite of its lulls. It was like a depraved, psychedelic-induced third season of The White Lotus that came early. And the best part? No CGI. :banderas:

It really felt like Mia Goth tapped into a range of characters in this. At one point, I was convinced she was playing a Harley Quinn variant. Then she cycles back into this seductress, akin to a Bond Girl who knows they’re the hottest thing on the block.

I may give Crimes of the Future another watch sometime soon but I remember walking out of that one feeling like I wasted so much time. Not the case with this one. Brandon outdid his father here, IMO. It seemed like he put body horror on the backend and instead focused his attention on the trance-like imagery. It’s becoming a signature thing for him now.

Mia showing off the goods is always nice, though it’s gonna be a minute before I ever shake out the imagery of that ever-growing, three inch nipple. :dead:

The cut away to the Bollywood dancing all the while Gabi went batshyt with them gunshots was hilarious. Easily one of my favorite bits in the movie. :russ:

And I dunno man, if my wife was Cleopatra Coleman, I’m hopping on that plane with her as soon as I can. :hubie:

I bet James got a LOT of material to write about now though, eh?

Yeah, this one struck a chord with me as I’ve been there before, and I’m sure most others have as well. It’s the moment I dread the most at the start of any vacation. The things that initially came across as alluring are looking dull now (or in this film’s case, Mia Goth’s character without make-up). I’m looking around at everyone else at awe and wondering how they can just flip the switch and go back to their regular grind back home.

Skarsgård staying back is how I feel at times. I’m not ready to go home just yet. :mjcry:

Last edited:

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was pretty good. I was kinda hoping it would dive even further into the sci-fi rabbit hole though. It introduced an interesting concept that I felt wandered away from towards the middle, but the ending wrapped things up nicely in a way that will stick with me for a while. Possessor is still my favorite from Brandon and while the plot in that film is tighter, it never really offered much laughs at all. The class-conscious commentary and dark comedy here made this one an enjoyable watch in spite of its lulls. It was like a depraved, psychedelic-induced third season of The White Lotus that came early. And the best part? No CGI. :banderas:

It really felt like Mia Goth tapped into a range of characters in this. At one point, I was convinced she was playing a Harley Quinn variant. Then she cycles back into this seductress, akin to a Bond Girl who knows they’re the hottest thing on the block.

I may give Crimes of the Future another watch sometime soon but I remember walking out of that one feeling like I wasted so much time. Not the case with this one. Brandon outdid his father here, IMO. It seemed like he put body horror on the backend and instead focused his attention on the trance-like imagery. It’s becoming a signature thing for him now.

Mia showing off the goods is always nice, though it’s gonna be a minute before I ever shake out the imagery of that ever-growing, three inch nipple. :dead:

The cut away to the Bollywood dancing all the while Gabi went batshyt with them gunshots was hilarious. Easily one of my favorite bits in the movie. :russ:

And I dunno man, if my wife was Cleopatra Coleman, I’m hopping on that plane with her as soon as I can. :hubie:

I bet James got a LOT of material to write about now though, eh?

Yeah, this one struck a chord with me as I’ve been there before, and I’m sure most others have as well. It’s the moment I dread the most at the start of any vacation. The things that initially came across as alluring are looking dull now (or in this film’s case, Mia Goth’s character without make-up). I’m looking around at everyone else at awe and wondering how they can just flip the switch and go back to their regular grind back home.

Skarsgård staying back is how I feel at times. I’m not ready to go home just yet. :mjcry:
I will say that the scene with him beating/abusing his double who he thought was the detective should've been more shocking, but it felt way too close to the ending of Kill List... I could tell as soon as they got back to the hotel room that whoever had the bag on their head was not the detective.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I will say that the scene with him beating/abusing his double who he thought was the detective should've been more shocking, but it felt way too close to the ending of Kill List... I could tell as soon as they got back to the hotel room that whoever had the bag on their head was not the detective.
I’m gonna go ahead and give Kill List a watch soon but yeah, Gabi’s sinister smiling before the reveal kinda gave it away for me.

And for someone that played a wimp for majority of the movie, I was grinning ear-to-ear at how unhinged Skarsgård came across in this particular scene. It was like his character was finally let out of the cage. Sucks how short-lived it was.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I liked this, I'll add to the chorus of reviews saying how much of a trend these are, in various categories, White Lotus, Triangle of Sadness, The Forgiven, The Menu, something of a expose, indictment of the The Great Gatsby class of Western society. Also, a novel, I read that's set for adaptation about a death on a resort, Saint X Also, underscores some of the vacation/ennui, and class tension, that most will experience on vacation, especially if you go to a deadly dull resort like many Westerners.

Also, last years Sun Down, with Tim Roth, is essentially a parallel movie in theme, and plot, down to even the passport segment.

Loved how flat and foreboding the direction made the resort feel, a little dead, (like the opening quote), fits with the listless, if not lifeless interactions between the couple, I did see X in theaters, but I didn't pay attention, so I though Mia Goth was his wife, who was gorgeous. fukk. What else is she in?

There's some ideas that are under explored, and twists that are obvious, I called two, and I usually don't, some scenes go over the top, a lot gave me a visceral reaction, including the coup de grace, in the field, in which Goth's character probably jumped the shark.

I would say some of it is too on the nose, and had the characters been given a little room to breathe, and develop a sense of self, friendliness, or true chemistry, the descent into savagery would have been more suspenseful, as it was it was very telegraphed, but the director seemed to want to indulge in the concept, understandably, rather than ratchet up the suspense.

It's a great concept, parts The Purge, parts Ex Machina,maybe even Robert Egger's The Lighthouse, and Wake In Fright, The Wicker Man, parts felt very 1970's, maybe the ugliness of the directing? Very, very dark satire, that had a lot of laugh out loud moments for me, the whole horror and normalcy of the elite, sliding back into their normal lives afterwards, but there were a lot of lines that echoed that, long before the ride home.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any chance one of the Mods can merge the other Infinity Pool thread into this one? :jbhmm:

Just got back from it. Man this shyt is wild :whew: I legit enjoyed the movie

This has a vibe not unlike some of them psychedelic cult classics from the 70s. Man, you’re looking for some tripped out horror, this one got you

If “midnight movies” were still a thing this one would be a good modern pick :youngsabo:

I’m late on X/Pearl so this was my first Mia Goth performance. She’s hot definitely, but…

I would’ve been ready to whoop her ass at some point. Like I really waited for dude to be like, “Y’all need to quit fukkin with me, man! :why: And dude was straight:mjtf: on the back of that bus:mjlol:
I fukking died when she was at his hotel door after they tricked him in to beating up his clone and she said "Please don't be weird about this whole thing James, it's so unattractive" :pachaha:

The dark humor is A+